Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steering Wheel for 71T?

Hi Folks,

First post on here, however i've just bought a 71T (LHD) car which does not have the correct steering wheel. Does anybody know the correct wheel type and size for this model? I have looked around and note there are some very tidy OEM 400mm plastic / rubber rimmed wheels on Ebay and elsewhere, albeit I thought these cars would have come with leather? I have also seen 420mm wheels of the same design.

Any pointers on the size and finish of the factory correct wheel (and where to get one) would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Acf321.

I would be checking on the Early911 site on their wheel threads. AASE have a special site I thought.

Comment

ACF321 - I believe that 400mm Rubber / Plastic is correct, but 911T could have been optioned with a 400mm Leather wheel as well. They are date stamped so you can try and match up with your car. I was lucky to get my original wheel back after 20+ years but had done a bit of research on getting a wheel for my 1973 911T, before I got lucky. One unexpected thing I found but will not quote as 100% gospel was that a 911T optional leather 400mm wheel had a different part number compared to a 911S leather 400mm wheel of the same year, not sure of the differences?
      Hear is a link to a wheel sold on Ebay recently that was a leather 2 70 ; handy for the detailed photos..............

Comment

Adam if your car was optioned with a comfort kit, then it would have had a leather wrapped 400mm wheel. Unless optioned otherwise...

Comment

Adam I may now have a wheel that may work if you are still looking?
          Geoff in Sydney

Comment

Hi Guys, just a more specific update here to help pinpoint the correct steering wheel. I am looking for a 400mm VDM wheel in leather. My car was delivered wit the accessories pack, which I am told included amongst other goodies, a leather wrapped 400mm wheel. I have the horn pad, so if you have a tidy leather 400mm VDM (date stamped somewhere in late 69 or up to Sept 70) that would be most appreciated.

Comment

Working...
            X