Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

71 T Option Code explanation.

Hello,

I've just bought a Blutorange 71T (US delivered) with the following codes; 102 / 103 / 470 / 976.

As far as I can tell;

102 is 'Rear window heater' - this is pretty clear, a 2 stage rear heater.

103 is 'Shock absorber adjustment' - Does this mean the car was delivered with adjustable shocks? if so what would they have been? Currently wearing yellow Bilsteins (i think),

470 is 'Equipment pack', - what does this pertain to? is it 'S' dials, as it does have the oil level gauge???? What else is in 'Equipment pack'?, and

976 is 'Chromed steel wheels' - again, reasonably self explanatory - I presume they were 15*5.5"?

Any thoughts here, greatly appreciated. I have looked on the Web, but I would like to know more, specifically about the inclusions from 103 and 470.

Many thanks, in advance,

Adam

Hi Adam. Cool buy. Blutorange is a great colour! Congrats!

I believe the '103' code refers to the 'Koni adjustable' shocks that came standard on the 'E' for a few years and were an option for the 'T'.
    '470' was the comfort group for the 'T' model, which includes:
    • Velour carpeting
    • Gold ”Porsche” nameplate and model number
    • Aluminium door sills
    • 911S rubber mouldings on bumpers and below doors
    • Chrome rocker panels
    • 911S instruments
    • Rubber bumperettes
    • Leather covered steering wheel
    '976' is indeed 5.5 x 15" with 165VR15 tires.
    that's what I have in my reference here, but maybe Hugh will chime in; he'll know for sure...
    1973 911T Coupe
    1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

with regard to the instruments, my 'T' didn't have option '470' so I have a very basic most left gauge, that doesn't display oil pressure for example. Easy enough to check.
      Second instrument from the left was a dual scale gauge on 911S and RS from 1970-73 and optional on all other models, according to the parts catalogue.
      I also read somewhere that 1970 to 1973 T, E and S models had different tachos, but I'm not sure. Just know that my T has a red line ~6,000rpm.
      1973 911T Coupe
      1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

They did indeed have different red line on the tacho from T to E to S
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Thanks Guys, this is really helpful. I also heard from SM911 as well, who also assisted here. I am collecting the car tomorrow and intend to drive it 1,000klms to my home in NSW... you can only imagine my sheer elation at the thought!

Comment

Working...
          X