BAT auction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAT auction

This one I really would like! https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...-356a-carrera/ At least when it was at $ 150K...1527178918df362c1108e00f54a6DSC_1556-940x628.jpg 150K

Now at $US350K ... groan. Such is the value of these four cams

Comment

Here you go Merv.
      64 for $65K
      Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Originally posted by mrar View Post
        Excellent panel fit
        '71 911 T 2.7
        TYP 901 Register #16
        Early 911S Register #2460
        Looking for engine # 6112862

Comment

Whoa! Lot of work to be done there. Will hold out for the Carrera.

Comment

Photos of the new Boxster then Merv? and have you converted the Fishcop?
            Cheers
            Paul M

Comment

filedata/fetch?id=166445&d=1558768508&type=thumbfiledata/fetch?id=166446&d=1558768508&type=thumb Not sure Paul. The Boxsters and Caymans logically tick a lot of boxes as both good value and as outstanding driving cars with their balanced mid engine platform. The 987 and 981 S's should be the ones to show most retained value being the last of the flat sixes at 3.4L and no IMS issues. Has anyone driven the 4-cylinder? Interested to hear about the aural experience.

Fishcop seemed to be grappling with the challenging potential of a yellow car in his now empty garage. I suspect not.

I am still waiting on a local, early 911 that I have my eye on, to be available, as a project.

The Boxster 987.2 will be a driver.
              You do not have permission to view this gallery.
              This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Hi Merv, all the reviews that I have read say the 981 does everything better EXCEPT the sound of the engine! Do like that black Boxster though.

Comment

Don’t buy a Boxster. There is a good reason why they are selling them. You’d look like a goose in one . I’d rather a 1920 wooden framed car that needs to be hand cranked. A Cayman for sure if you’re in that market. With your history and expertise I would look at giving some serious Merv love to an early 356 or split beetle.

Comment

Merv, SA Porsche Club site has a nice low mileage 2013 981 S.
                    Paul M

Comment

Thanks Paul. I actually like the look of the 987 more than any other. Simpler lines and I have always liked roadsters and had quite a few. I know the car I am aiming at very well. I had a Cayman but never really liked the look of it in the rear quarter. If you haven’t ever driven a Boxster or a Cayman, it is an experience missed. It will replace my Audi as a regular driver (we have the Toureg for heavy lifting). The 981 on the SA site' has more than double the kms of the one I am looking at and is $30K more. These cars are good value driving. I still have a ‘project’ car in mind, however.
                      Last edited by Merv; 31-05-18, 05:16 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cairns888 View Post
                        Don’t buy a Boxster. There is a good reason why they are selling them. You’d look like a goose in one . I’d rather a 1920 wooden framed car that needs to be hand cranked. A Cayman for sure if you’re in that market. With your history and expertise I would look at giving some serious Merv love to an early 356 or split beetle.
                        I think you are quite wrong this time Jim.

We are all different. There are quite a few 'geese' around otherwise who see value in these multi-award winning, well-balanced, fast cars. This purchase, if it takes place, is not an 'either/or'. One is a driver and another is a classic old car.
                        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.
                        Last edited by Merv; 01-06-18, 02:53 AM.

Comment

Merv, if you are after another project..........

sigpicPhil Lack
                          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                          Early 911-S Registry # 690
                          R-Gruppe # 367
                          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Thanks Phil. I have a similar Aussiecar in my sights.

Maybe this thread should be Off Topic? Sorry about that. Travelling in Europe and hard to do much.

Comment

Yeah, each to their own.
                              I just wouldn’t.

Comment

Working...
                              X