Sports Seats Feedback Requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sports Seats Feedback Requested

I've thought on and off about getting a set of sports seats for my car such as the R or the RSR style in the link below.

Explore GTS Classics new R Seat, covering the original sytle in leatherette with corduroy, basket weave or any custom choice and materials.

However I am interested in feedback on how these perform with lap-sash seat belts, ie do the belts fit snug over the lap, or do they sit proud due to the high sides of the seats? I guess it depends on the passenger/drivers' physique, but I'm just trying to get a broad idea on the safety side of things. One of my kids (9 and 11 yo) regularly sits in the front of the car, so I am wondering how the seat belt would fit for them as well as for myself. Harnesses aren't a viable option - it is street driven, and driven regularly.

I know I'm in the right place for feedback on sports seats on this forum

Cam

e72phil is probably the best person to talk to re seats.

Comment

Phil sells BF Torino seats and GTS Classics come via Stefan in the USA
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Cam, depends which seat you install as to how the belts sit. Our repro of the Recaro sports seat has similar size cushion and bolsters but when you are replacing the std seats, you can no longer use the seat belt buckle receptacle that actually bolts to the seat frame. I usually get a new set of Hemco belts where you can specify the length of the inner "stalk" that bolts to the floor tunnel and sits up a little allowing the belt buckle to sit low. However the stalk remains in the same position no matter where the seat is positioned (fore and aft). If you have the seat all the way back, it might cause a problem.

Both the Sports Seat repro and the Nurburgring R are popular replacement seats which tilt and allow rear seat access. The Rallye ST has too high sides and really only works well with a harness. Some members here have these seats so they might chime on on how well the belts sit and what type of belts they installed.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 2 photos.
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
        X