Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

long time lurker finally joined

Hi all,
    Ive been lurking for wquite some time and seeing Im back in the air cooled 911 (well 912 really) scene I thought I better do the same,
    I made the mistake 6 odd years ago to sell my 69 911T for 10k to Wayne Seabrook,
    due to location and market that was as good as I could get,
    theres a post on here about it, Fishcop enquired about buying the rust repair panels at that time,
    it got sold due to life circumstances for Wayne and came back for sale with a mild restoration for over 100k, oohh how the market turned in a short time,
    I also made a good friend from this as he contacted me about the car as they still had all the paperwork I handed over with the sale,
    he didnt buy the car but bought another rusty 911 haha,
    so now I have a 67 912 that I brought from a mate that is super stripped even to quarter panels cut off,
    but at $6500 it was a good deal as it doesnt have much rust,
    it came with 2 rusty guards, a good original engine cover and thats about it,
    maybe someone has some info on how it lost its quarters,
    Ive collected some bits like the rh door for $500 complete no rust, fibreglass bonnet and front correct swb indicators free from a mate, a LH door off gumtree rusty bare for $150 and some of the front end bits,
    I still have a 2.2T motor and a couple of gearboxes that luckily I didnt sell back then so I have a good basis for the car I really want to build,
    hope to keep things updated here but it will be slow due to other projects and house build (seems to go on forever...)
    Cheers Russ...
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Welcome Rusty!
    Mark Munro
    '69 911T (sold)
    '76 911 Carrera 3.0 coupe
    '69 MG Midget Group S car
    TYP901 Register #196

Comment

Welcome Rusty,

you have a solid start.

if you want a pair of rear 1/4s I have a really nice pair.

Comment

thanks 9er, are they the ones on gumtree? I have just picked up a whole rear cut via a friend in LA for $600 US but its cut short 8-10 inches from the door jamb, zero rust but need to wait till I ship something to get it, no rush haha,
        Im possibly going to make some sort of ST flare on the rear so it doesn't bother me, it will be a bitsa frankenstein anyway haha
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Welcome Rusty
          Cam Arnott
          Looking for engine #6208151
          1970 911E (Sold)
          '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
          2 x Split Screen Kombis
          TYP 901 Register # 78
          Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Working...