IT'S 911 is back

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IT'S 911 is back

ITS-911 has been in Orange central NSW to get all the electrical work sorted and back to factory specification, a retired Auto Electrics chap called Tony Agland has done many 356's and 911's and sorted my car out beautifully. Tony is not super well, and works with an oxygen bottle, and took 5 - 6 weeks to sort it all out at a very reasonable cost. Had coffee in Orange with a mate and his lovely Australian delivered Speedster in Light Ivory. 4 hours drive back to Sydney, ITS-911 picked up a black 1974 De Thomaso Pantera on the tail, in the blue mountains and we played safely together until the start of the freeway; clear road a quick nod and we both dropped a gear next to each other, for a sort burst. 911 with an unfair advantage as the 2.4 badge is hiding a very slippery 3.0L, De Thomaso sounded great and I'd love to take it home. Two thumbs up and a beep of the horns and a Pantera and 911 owner both topped off a great day! Next project the 2.4 Engine will be going back in, my mechanic is currently getting it ready.
    Geoff in Sydney
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 2 photos.

Looking good Geoff.
    Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Very cool story!

Comment

ITS-911 and the original matching numbers motor, closest the two have been to each other since the 80's. Mechanic has now picked up the motor to get ready for it's homecoming into ITS-911 engine bay. New / Reconditioned ancillaries now await installation onto my original motor, and a effort has been made to source correct components.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Like giving each other the look over. Great to see.

Comment

ITS-911 has what I would call a 6 out of 10 paint job, that still presents OK in the incorrect 80's "paint them all red". Aubergine it will be as it was in 1973, so I have decided to also have the paint done in the country. Last Wednesday I drove with my daughter from Sydney to Orange in the 73, and it rained (hard) all the way. Car did not miss a beat and it was sitting on 22 year old tyres, as It had my paint shop wheels fitted, as well as my paint shop steering wheel..... bit of a stripped lightweight with only a jack and spare wheel. On a car that still looks OK this paint job is an expensive "originality" step in the process. Orange paint shop previously had my car for two weeks, to fully access what was involved. On the good news front, they found that the car has never had a hit (except for a parking tap rear bumperette) or any welding plus zero rust, and they looked hard to find the rust. Panel beater wanted to be careful as I wanted a fixed cost to start with, but I understand how these things work out so will hope it will be not to far over the quote. I had my 1962 356B paint done by Ron Goodman Exclusive Body Werks last year, but he has enough work to keep them busy for years (lovely work). The country panel beater has been doing early Porsche's and the results are excellent, so let's see what we have in his quoted 5 - 6 months time...……...then trim...……..then original motor back in the car...………
            Geoff in Sydney
            This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

What a great colour Geoff, look forward to seeing the progress reports and final product in original spec.
              Aus del 68 911S

Comment

Nice

Comment

Working...
                X