Checking Out 2.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking Out 2.0

Since I no longer own a '901' and may not for a while I thought it best to check out, or at least take a sabbatical. The Forum has changed quite a lot since I joined years ago and after over 4000 posts I may have overstayed my welcome. I have made many good contacts through the forum and received major assistance from several members here as I learned to restore and work on these old cars. I wish everyone the very best in their endeavours and their aspirations.

Merv

And here’s me thinking you were going to look at a 2 litre car!

cheers Merv no doubt see you around in your dak dak

Comment

Very sorry to see you go Merv, your posts and responses have kept the forum above water, I think you should stay on board.

Comment

Hi Merv, good luck in your post-901 life. I am sure you will be kept busy with the amount of travel you seem to do. Take care.
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Merv, Having joined the Club about 4 years ago when we bought our first Porsche, a 73 911 and now having gone on to own some 6 until settling on to the current stable, I have been indebted to some of the Club stalwarts who have been more than happy to share their knowledge. Without naming names it has been a highlight of early 911 ownership to be able to access years and years of detailed experience in the inticacies of these very individual cars. This is the glue that holds the Club together and makes the forum work. Thx and enjoy and drive your remaining cars. Nev

Comment

Sorry to see you go

Comment

Hi Merv

Oh no - you will be missed!

Cheers
              Adam

Comment

It might get a bit lonely around here without you Merv, I will certainly miss your input. Good luck mate.
                Mick
                Mickc

65’ 912/6
                70’ 911T coupe
                00’ MK1 GT3 CS​

Comment

All the best Merv! Thanks for everything, be sure to stay in touch.
                  Tom Laube
                  Instagram - #first_corner_fever

Porsche - '73 LHD 911T, '72 RHD 911T, '79 All Rounder SC
                  VW - '60 Type1 Factory Sunroof, '64 Kombi

Comment

Thanks for all your help Merv.
                    Mark Evans
                    1966 912 5 gauge
                    1968 Mercedes Benz 280SL

Comment

All the best Merv. You may discover that the lure of owning an air cooled 911 brings you back to the fold one day ;-)
                      Cam Arnott
                      Looking for engine #6208151
                      1970 911E (Sold)
                      '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                      2 x Split Screen Kombis
                      TYP 901 Register # 78
                      Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

The forum will be all the poorer for your departure Merv. I have always enjoyed reading your insightful and helpful posts across the years.
                        I look forward to seeing you on the back roads in your 356, and I do hope you come back and visit the forum from time to time.
                        best,
                        Scotty

Comment

Yes, thanks for your input Merv. You’ll be back one day
                          Kane Kennedy
                          Typ 901 Register #204
                          71 911E Metallic Green

Comment

Thanks everyone. Much appreciated. I have tried, like others, to keep things going on the Forum as much as possible. It can languish at times. I am greatly indebted to a number of people here for their generosity and knowledge, especially (and apologies for omissions) John Forcier, Chris Fryer, Jim Cairns, Justin Reed, Clyde Boyer, Sal, Scotty, Phil Lack and Paul Ford. I have learned great deal about these cars mechanically and feel prepared to tackle most jobs with confidence. This has flowed on to the 356, for which I know every single nut and bolt. I have given away most of my 911 spares to other members here and always tried to be courteous and generous in contributions and posts. I wish everyone well in their personal journeys with these wonderful time-warp cars. I am always available by email (mervhyde@gmail.com) if there are any requests or notifications. As has been said, "Never say, never ..."

Very best, Merv

Comment

Merv you've been one of the true stalwarts! Have always enjoyed your contribution All the best

Comment

Working...
                              X