My Other Porsche

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Other Porsche

Hopefully we may see a few other members "other P" cars: my other Porsche is a 1957 356A Speedster Beehive. Photo is of it coming out of a dip tank 2 years ago and we were surprised that the body was better than expected, although it has had a hard life. It is a factory RHD but delivered into Japan then then into Australia when only a couple of years old. Gearbox failure stopped it 40 years ago, when it was pulled apart on a country farm and forgotten. It was Weiss (White) with red trim a Normal with zero options. Gearbox is original 519 case but the internals were fried so now rebuild with 741 356C internals but with correct speedster gear ratios. My panel beater who works from home and has done my last 4 x 356's, says it will be ready for primer at the end of the year (same comment as last year). I have both soft top and the hardtop, but I will run hard top in place full time (eventually). My panel beater is doing me a favour, as the longer it takes him to do the bodywork the better investment I seem to have.
    Geoff in Sydney
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Great find, we need photos of the period it was "when it was pulled apart on a country farm and forgotten"
    MichaelJapp
    71E
    Typ901 #065
    EarlyS #798

Comment

Not driven for 40 years?? I thought that only happened in America! That's a great story Geoff.

Comment

Michael OK your photo / Scotty my guess is there are some more Porsche treasures still to be found in the Australian bush > 1957 Speedster - driven 2 years - gearbox runs out of oil - stripped - stalled restoration - parts stored in a couple of sheds - sits mostly outside for 38 years. The dip tank chap believes the top rusty thin coating protected the steel (super dry inland country) , as you can see from dipping photo the steel was in lovely condition.
        You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Unbelievable!!!

Comment

Wow

Comment

Working...
            X