Chateau Moteur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chateau Moteur

Chateau Moteur in Adelaide was the Porsche dealer my 1973 911T Coupe was ordered through, and serviced by, for the first three years. Would anyone have a picture of a Chateau Moteur rear window sticker? My car is very close to being back to the original format in Aubergine, the matching numbers motor is also ready, I have trim to go. Icing on the cake would be to replicate a rear window sticker if at all possible.
    Any leads or suggestions appreciated.
    Geoff in Sydney
    0414 557 159

Hi Geoff, I'm a bit of a tragic with that sort of stuff, and I don't remember ever seeing a Chateau Moteur sticker. Perhaps one of the SA members will pipe up...

One thing you could do is go back into the online 1972/73 Adelaide papers, and look for the Chateau Moteur ads. Presumably they would have had a logo, and perhaps you could replicate that for your sticker.

Comment

Scotty thanks good thought on period papers cheers Geoff

Comment

Geoff

Reach out to Garry Rainsford on garry@rcc.on.net His family owned Chateau Moteur for decades and he started there in 1975

He's an absolute gentlemen

Comment

Great lead thank you!

Comment

49047D35-2C8E-484B-8272-1F515A95A5AB.jpeg

Comment

Bingo!! Nice find!

Comment

Yeah Scotty, complete accident, someone posted handful of pics on Facebook of old rally 911s and I looked at one to work out what was going on with double wing and then saw the sticker

Comment

Mitchell
                  Great photo, it looks like we have a winner, thank you

Comment

Working...
                  X