Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bold decision.

Comment

All of my other cars are kept as original as possible. This one is completely left to my imagination.

A LHD to RHD conversion with the wrong engine and gearbox - so not an "important" car to keep original.

It is the factory colour - I was jus lucky it was originally a nice colour (was red when I bought it).

This is how it looked when I got it - So I can safely say I have improved it :-)

IMG_0411.jpgIMG_0415.jpgIMG_0423.jpg

Comment

Definitely keen to hear your feed back about the roof, being the largest panel on the car and the closest to the drivers ear a non dampened one should have a story to tell.

Comment

Originally posted by 9er View Post
          Definitely keen to hear your feed back about the roof, being the largest panel on the car and the closest to the drivers ear a non dampened one should have a story to tell.
          I have driven the car for a while with Zero interior and I do not think the roof adds much to the noise. Mainly it is engine noise. I added a thick custom engine pad which made it a little quieter, but the whole rear end of the car vibrates etc. from the engine/transmission. Adding the rear deadener/sound proofing seems to have made a huge difference (but yet to road test).

I do get a bit of road noise through the floor panels - you can hear the road drone and every stone/stick that flicks up from the road. But road noise is covered by the engine noise.

I think the curve on the roof stops it from vibrating much, plus is a long way from the sources of vibration/sound. I would suggest that headliner would block Zero sound and there is very little deadener from the factory on the roof (from memory - was years ago I stripped this one).

Once I get the carpet in and seats fitted back in I will let you know how it sounds on the road.

Comment

Got the carpet in. Went in OK - not perfect - I will let it settle and reglue the odd area.

Tunnel and sills and front foot wells are all staying paint.

Car is a lot quieter - I was worried it would be too quite - but that is certainly not the case - still a fair amount of engine noise.

Before it seemed like death was imminent when I got to 4000rpm. Now 6000 is attainable. But stuttering at 5000-6000 rpm indicates I need some bigger main jets in the webers I think.

The projects never end.
            Attached Files

Comment

Working...
            X