Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contact from Kent Moore

Morning all,

Many of you will remember Kent Moore an LA resident, R Gruppe and Typ 901 member, and regular visitor to Sydney and Melbourne.

Down through the years Kent has been here a number of times. Hes had some lovely cars including the metallic blue 914/6 (which he regrets selling) that now resides in the Porsche Museum in Zuffenhausen.

I have recently been in contact with him and and really pleased to report he is well - despite having contracted a mild case corona virus. He was very lucky to be treated with a new drug, and is well on the road to recovery.

Now 80, he's fighting fit , and still driving around in a 996 Turbo Tiptronic and his standard looking 2017cc VW Bug. Am delighted hes on the mend.

Justin
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

Hi Justin,

I didn't know of Kent, but it's very good news nonetheless.

I'm extremely interested to hear more about the new drug he was treated with?

Ben.

Comment

Originally posted by reedminor View Post
      Morning all,

Many of you will remember Kent Moore an LA resident, R Gruppe and Typ 901 member, and regular visitor to Sydney and Melbourne.

Down through the years Kent has been here a number of times. Hes had some lovely cars including the metallic blue 914/6 (which he regrets selling) that now resides in the Porsche Museum in Zuffenhausen.

I have recently been in contact with him and and really pleased to report he is well - despite having contracted a mild case corona virus. He was very lucky to be treated with a new drug, and is well on the road to recovery.

Now 80, he's fighting fit , and still driving around in a 996 Turbo Tiptronic and his standard looking 2017cc VW Bug. Am delighted hes on the mend.

Justin
      Yes Phil alerted me to Kents situation and I was also in contact.

Worst 5 hrs I ever spent in a Porsche was as a passenger in that 914/6 on the way to Pebble Beach Concours.

His was a nice car but very uncomfortable and not that much fun in my opinion
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Kent was put on Remdesivir and recovered well and was discharged after only 3 days so he did very well considering he is no spring chicken. Although he just cant help himself and bought another 996 Turbo which had been chipped and he took great delight in hosing off a guy in an F430 ferrari to other day along Pacific Coast Hwy. If you ever get to visit Kents house in Newport Beach, you will see the walls covered in pics of his old hot rodding days in and around Orange County when they used to race between the orange groves on dirt roads and narrow pavement roads.

Here's a pic of Kent "exercising" Martins Gibsons old 1967 911S which used to reside in Kents garage for a while before Martin sold it.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
        This gallery has 1 photos.
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

And I will agree with you Clyde on the lack of comfort in that 914/6. The std seats were terrible and I was only in it for a 30 min spin - not 5 hrs ! Somehow Kent thought it was a great car because he was constantly hounded by a German guy to sell it; which he finally did and the guy immediately flipped it to the Porsche Museum. A similar thing happened to him when he sold his 700 mile 1973 911T and it ended up flipped across to Germany for well north of US$250K.

Best car I think Kent has owned was his silver 73 911S with fabulous AC fitted by Scott Hendry at Scotts Perfromance in Anaheim. It was ice-cold even on a 100 degF day in California.

His '55 Chevy was also a lot of fun for saturday night drags around town (at every stop light).
          This gallery has 3 photos.
          sigpicPhil Lack
          R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
            Kent was put on Remdesivir and recovered well and was discharged after only 3 days so he did very well considering he is no spring chicken. Although he just cant help himself and bought another 996 Turbo which had been chipped and he took great delight in hosing off a guy in an F430 ferrari to other day along Pacific Coast Hwy. If you ever get to visit Kents house in Newport Beach, you will see the walls covered in pics of his old hot rodding days in and around Orange County when they used to race between the orange groves on dirt roads and narrow pavement roads.

Here's a pic of Kent "exercising" Martins Gibsons old 1967 911S which used to reside in Kents garage for a while before Martin sold it.
            and hidden behind every picture is a bloody gun of some sort!!!!
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President
            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Sounds like a legend .... glad to hear he recovered so well and so quickly.

Comment

Obviously didn't use the disinfectant injection therapy.
                (I wasn't being sarcastic)

Comment

Originally posted by SM911 View Post
                  Obviously didn't use the disinfectant injection therapy.
                  (I wasn't being sarcastic)
                  people are ringing Covid clinics in the US asking how to inject disinfectant!
                  Jeff Eelkema
                  TYP 901 #132
                  S-Reg #1431
                  69E (project)
                  various bevel Ducatis
                  60s Vespa

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Eelkema View Post

people are ringing Covid clinics in the US asking how to inject disinfectant!
                    I'd be telling them "rectally".
                    '97 993 - new toy
                    '95 993 - on the chopping block
                    '70 911T - bringing her back to former glory

Comment

here, here,

Best via a Tecalamit Lever Action grease gun, ( #TEC450)

Love their lever action guns over there , they do

Comment

I like it orally with tonic water and a wedge of fresh lime.

Comment

All aside,

He does sound like a nice old guy, looks like character , quite a rev head and good to hear he survived the virus.

But he's missed some good dollars in those car sales, the German guy was the ultimate cad ,for want of another word

I like his S is near identical in appearance to my E hope he still has that car.

Comment

No the 911S is long gone. Kent definitely has gone thru a few cars in his day. He is not really a "flipper" as he usually holds onto a car until something more interesting comes along. Every time I visit him when passing thru LA and look in the garage, there's something different parked there. Living in Newport Beach, there are plenty of exotic and interesting cars around in neighbors garages and Kent always offers to 'exercise" them for their owners. We sometimes cruise around in a Rolls Royce Corniche convertible which is very Newport Beach. He also caretakes a nice 67 911 coupe which had the best 901 gearbox I ever experienced.

His only 2 personal cars at present are the 996 Turbo and his 2007cc VW beetle. Here's a pic below and it is a real sleeper, except for the pipe peaking out the rear which gives away that this is no ordinary Beetle. One time with Kent driving out on the freeway, we passed a modern VW beetle at well over 100 MPH. He says he loves the look on their faces as he cruises past. Always a hot-rodder, even at 80 ! He vows to me that his VW is a definite keeper.
                            This gallery has 2 photos.
                            sigpicPhil Lack
                            R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Good to hear Kent is doing well after a COVID-19 run in.
                              Damian Royce
                              TYP 901 Foundation Member #12

Instagram: @classiccaraddict

Comment

Working...
                              X