Welcome

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome

Just wanted to say welcome to the new members who have recently joined the forum (apologies for some delays - but hey I bet you'd choose a European holiday too! ) .

Anyway, welcome to an exclusive group of early 911 nutters and don't forget to introduce yourself and your car(s)!!

Cheers

Rich
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Greetings,

Richard thank you for your warm welcome and registering my application.
    I'm enjoying spending a little time each day exploring the web site.
    As an initial introduction I drive a 1971 Targa, with a 2.4E. The history of my car beginnings with a trip to California in September 1971 and another trip to South Australia in 1990 where it was converted to RHD and fitted with a 2.4E.
    I purchased the car in March 2007 and rebuilt the top end, gearbox, new front OEM shockers and a whole range of other bits and pieces. Too many to remember. I suspect it didn't really require so much work and money spent on it but I was getting married and took advantage of the opportunity. It was driving exceptionally well until two weeks ago when a green 1998 Toyota Starlet T-Boned me on the drivers side. It is now in bits and pieces. The only thing I was concerned about was my well being, my wife and thankfully I escaped without a blemish. Cars can be replaced.

Happy and safe Porsching...
    Paul

Targa 2.4E Signal Yellow

Comment

Hi Guys (& ? gals!),

Thanks for accepting me in to the register. I'm having a look around the site and really looking forward to joining you guys when you next have a run or an event. Likewise catching up with what I have recently discovered is a whole new group of early 911 enthusiasts that I didn't even no existed until recently!

Despite owning newer 911's my favorite by far is my 73 2.8RSR replica. The car started life as an Australian delivered 71 911 (E or T I think) and was turned in to a track car shortly afterwards. It has raced virtually all it's life (which shows underneath!). I have what appears to be its second log book created in 1988 and know most of it's racing history since this time. It appears to have raced in the Aus Sports Car Championship and potentially Aus Touring cars? The last owner being Ken Jarrett who raced it extensively in the Australian Porsche Cup including the GP support races in SA (which it won).

I have left the car as original as possible including all the K&A Engineering (SA) fabricated suspension and as much of the patina of the original car as possible. It has raced with a 2.8RSR spec mag case full house engine the past 18 months in events like Classic Adelaide and Targa, but it is about to have a 3.5L RUF engine on PMO's inserted in the next month or so. This is to make it more competitive in the bitumen events.

Anyway, I'll get some pics up soon.

Regards, Simon Froude

Comment

Hi guys, and welcome. Glad to have you aboard.

Don't be scared to post photos!

Simon did you do Classic Adelaide last year? If so I remember your car....seemed quite toey

Cheers, Cam
        Cam Arnott
        Looking for engine #6208151
        1970 911E (Sold)
        '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
        2 x Split Screen Kombis
        TYP 901 Register # 78
        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Sh!t Cam, what hope have we got??!!

Seriously, welcome guys. Especially any new Brizo's (we're under represented here!).
          John Forcier
          1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
          1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
          Restoration Saga
          1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

welcome simon,

what class/category etc will the car be running in with the 3.5? (and how does it fit with claims new +17% dispalcement rule?)

also, will you have to adjust the bodywork to 74+ style to suit?

Comment

Having trouble sleeping Ryan or just getting home from Alex's party
              Peter Williams #049
              Secretary TYP901
              1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

I think Ryan's OS at present (hence the early post) as I saw he posted on the early S site he was recently in Hamburg. I know he will be at Classic Le Mans soon as will 901 member, Dave Belford.
                sigpicPhil Lack
                TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                Early 911-S Registry # 690
                R-Gruppe # 367
                '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                '24 MB GLA35 AMG- daily
                2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

phil picked it - i'm working in europe at the moment.

my stays in munich, hamburg and paris are done and i just got into london. 3 days of meetings here then i'm off to CLM with some brits. looking forward to CLM, but also looking to being homeward bound.

Comment

Hi Cam,

Yes the car ran at 07 Classic Adelaide, I think we were about 4th or 5th outright in Early Classic. Car had a lot of build niggles so we lost fuel on several times, but when we finally got it singing it was pretty quick.

and Ryan,
                    The car will run this year at Classic Adelaide in Late Classic as a '75 RSR with the 17% rule. Then use the bodywork rule to allow the early look.

Regs, Simon

Comment

I remember Simons name from Porsche Club Vic track events. Used to see his name in results and articles in the club mag, very successful I seem to remember. Good that you came over to the dark side Simon. Sven has also seen the light I believe.
                      Clyde Boyer
                      TYP 901 Register Inc.
                      President
                      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
                      X