Valuation Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Valuation Needed

I never thought I would say this....Im thinking of selling my Irish Green 69T. The only reason being, I have found a another early Porsche that I want. Unfortunately, I would have to sell mine first to fund the new purchase. The other car is owned by a friend and is understanding of my position.
    This brings me to the question. What is my car worth. and whats the best way to advertise it.
    Help please.

Matt

How about a list of everthing that has been done to it and a bit of history on the car?
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

For those who haven't seen Matt's car - here's a few shots from a previous thread.

The Australian TYP 901 register is forum for enthusiasts who pay homage to this remarkable machine.

Trust this is OK Matt?
      Peter Williams #049
      Secretary TYP901
      1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Thanks Peter, I should have put the pics up.

The car is a 1969 Original RHD (UK delivered)
        It has been in Australia since the early 70's. I have owned the car for almost 5 years, and bought it off, I believe the second owner. The first owner deceased, with his widow selling the car without history. I only have the history from PO.
        in 2005 I had it restored from the ground-up, back to bare metal, new nuts and bolts, new panels,H4 lights, Horn Grills, etc etc
        Engine-2.0L , Webers, Turbo valve covers, Monty Rally Muffler (always Serviced Hamiltons Autohaus)
        Trans- 901 5 Speed
        All S' options, Alloy calipers, ventilated discs, etc
        Interior - S' gauges, Original Carpet, Immaculate dash & headliner, Original Door trims and pockets (exc), Blaupunkt Frankfurt radio and original Dash speaker (Perfect), New ST rallye seats, 4 point Willans harness, half cage (bolt in). Rear seats deleated + fire ext.
        6 and 7 inch Steel wheels (date stamped 69) new 185/65 and 206/60 michelins.
        New Bushes all round, inc Torsion Bar, new Alternator, starter relay, Batteries, Shifter Bushes etc etc (too many things to remember)
        All modifications are period and can be returned to original.
        Original Parts to go with car - 5 x 14 inch Fuchs (immac) with new 185/80 michelins, Original stainless muffler, H1 head lights, front and rear seats (exc cond), bumper over riders and trim, R' tail-lights.
        Im sure there are other things I cant remember right now.
        The car is Immaculate, reliable (slow) and always serviced (all reciepts for last 9 years) Second place at Porsche club Concourse 2007(early 911 class).
        Let me know if I left out anything.

Comment

Matt
          Your car is unique and desirable - the "modifications" are very tasteful and practical and don't deviate too far from the original. The documented history of the resto is also important. As you know we Vics were very impressed with it when you came to PI a few years ago - it cetainly attracted a great deal of attention from all who visited our display.

I'm always suprised at prices being demanded for these cars (just look at those being offered at CTS)- but my (uneducated) guess for private sale would be in the order of $80,000 - $85,000...............but who knows, you may get higher if the right buyer comes along.

Good luck with the sale - the replacement must be a "ripper".
          Peter Williams #049
          Secretary TYP901
          1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

I'm very interested in how this progresses I own the same series car with similar mods... But it sounds like yours is in cosmetically superior and slightly more original condition.

FWIW I'd like to think my car could achieve $60k in an unforced/un-rushed sale.
            John Forcier
            1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
            1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
            Restoration Saga
            1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

...Irish Green - very nice !

Cheers,
              Dennis.
              Attached Files

Comment

Matt, the market will surely talk and set the value.

It will be interesting to see what demand there is for this slightly R Gruppe'd car as opposed to an original example wiht most of the original bits intact.

Having seen your car, you have certianly done it very sympathetically to the period as a "race inspired" example.

Will it be advertisied shortly ?
                sigpicPhil Lack
                TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                Early 911-S Registry # 690
                R-Gruppe # 367
                '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Thankyou everyone for your input and comments.
                  I will advertise the car in the next few days.
                  Price will be $85K neg. As Phil said, the market will talk.
                  I am still finalising the purchase of the new car, it may or may not eventuate. The owner is moving overseas and is undecided as to sell up or not.
                  Aaargh!

Comment

Matt, nobody said it was going to be easy......
                    sigpicPhil Lack
                    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                    Early 911-S Registry # 690
                    R-Gruppe # 367
                    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Good luck Matt - sounds like a lot of car for the money.
                      Paul Wischer
                      1969 911T
                      1979 Californian Moke
                      TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Working...
                      X