Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forum visitors

I just noticed todays stats of how many members and guests are online now:

There are currently 215 users online. 7 members and 208 guests.

Most users ever online was 1,688 at 07:18 PM on 03-12-19.

Seems like a lot of guests are looking at us. I also went back on various threads to see what was so interesting on 3/12/19. does anyone remember what all the interest may have been about ?
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

my guess would be that lots of those guests will have been bots.

trawling for our juicy details so they can empty our bank accounts.
    Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Now that we can renew our CPS info on line, do we need to have access for members only or additional security?

Comment

Members fund the site & to attract members we need people interested. If the site is closed to members only I suspect it will be very difficult to attract new members. My guess is that non members are looking for cars & parts for sale or photo's. Could you have (a) the whole site open to the public excluding the "for sale" section which you could close for members only plus (b) all text is open but photo's only load if you are logged in as a member....that we can still have people looking at the site to generate interest & also giving a reason to join ?

I do feel the site has dropped off in recent years (myself included) & would be interesting to look at usage data. My theory is that as the cars / parts have become hard to find & expensive some of the fun has evaporated. I recall when the cars were relatively cheap & you would swap parts amongst members....it felt more community, less business. Maybe I'm getting old....ha ha

Cheers,
        Matt
        Matt Read

1989 944 (rally car)
        1994 993 (road car)
        1994 BMW M3 (salt lake racer)
        1999 GT3 (Nations Cup Championship)

Ex - 1967 912, 1970 911T, 1971 911T, 1971 911E, 1976 Carrera

901 #160
        PCV #528

Comment

Richard got it right, they are the bot feeders for search engines and whatever else (also the occasional person).

You'll notice that they are relentless as there is a high guest count 24/7
          Uwe Imhoff
          TYP901 Website Mechanic

Comment

Originally posted by PCM911T View Post
            Now that we can renew our CPS info on line, do we need to have access for members only or additional security?
            That is not done through this site
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President
            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Originally posted by 911jack View Post
              Richard got it right, they are the bot feeders for search engines and whatever else (also the occasional person).

You'll notice that they are relentless as there is a high guest count 24/7
              Thanks for this explanation Uwe, I thought it had to be something other than real people visiting our site. I too get way too many bots hitting my website filling out fake enquiry forms for who-knows what reason. No way they can hack us this way but the machines keep trying. Such a PITA to have to empty junk folders every day.
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
              X