X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coco Mats

Hi guys

Has anyone bought mats from here?

Custom Cocomats are luxury auto floor mats that are made to order specifically for your auto using the highest quality Coco and Sisal Fibres. Please contact us at 800-461-3533 for more information.

Until what year did they offer these as an option?

What are people experiences with them?

TIA

Ed

Ed,

I have just ordered some and they are should be in Sydney in a week.

I also have the RHD Coupe templates if you require them. Jeff seems like a decent guys and has kept me in the loop at all times.

The boys on the DDK have used them and have been impressed.

If you search on the Early S aswell

Shane

Comment

Thats good to hear. I was concerned that they may not have a RHD coupe template.

Did u get a 4 piece set or 2 piece?

What colour combination did u pick?

Comment

Ed, sorry for the delay,

I bought the 4 piece in the black and white (#12 white spots) to go with my existing houndstooth seats, I hope it looks ok.

It was around 190USD for the mats and 80US odd for shipping

should arrive this week and I have the rtemplate for the RHD coupe if you want to double check, let me know and I'm happt to send to you

Shane

Comment

I would be really interested to see some photos. I was thinking on a similar scheme myself, but was not sure if houndstooth and black/white mats would be 'too much'.

If you could post some photos that would be great.

Are your templates based on original RHD coco mats?

Does one of your mats cover the centre tunnel.

I have seen several variations on the early 911s forum. Obviously as close as possible to original would be best.

Ed

Comment

Hey Ed,

whats the update on your car ?

Has the deal all been completed ? as it sounds like you are now accessorizing it !

Have you posted any pics yet ??
            sigpicPhil Lack
            TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
            Early 911-S Registry # 690
            R-Gruppe # 367
            '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
            '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
            2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
            1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Taking delivery mid to late august. The wait is killing me.

In the meantime I am trying to explore all the various options for things I will need to improve the car and make it a little more hospitable.

Still deciding on seats also. Those original recaros are certainly worth big dollars.

And I am would like to change the RS bumper for an S bumper or even an original 'T' bumper as it used to have. Haven't seen either of these for sale. Anyone?

Anyway its a very enjoyable process to have a project on the go.

Will keep you all updated

Comment

Do you want a steel bumper or would a fibreglass one do ? I asume the RS one on it now is f'glass ??

I would suggest contacting Jason at Cheq. Flag (Restorer on this forum) and see if he has one or knows where to get one.

Regarding Recaro Sports seats, I wouldnt even bother trying oget a set of originals, they are ridiculaously priced and if you were to buy a set in the USA off ebay, you will get the shock of the your life when it comes to shipping them because they are HEAVY and sending them out here other than by slow boat, would cost heaps. I reckon one seat, with the original tilt frame assembly weights in at 45 - 50 kgs.

Often the seat back mechanisms are also worn, bent or twisted.

Sound slie you need to get your hands on teh car first before staring up too long a shopping list, and also not trying to fix everything at once as this can become an expensive exercise and tarnish the initial euphoria you get once you own the car.
                sigpicPhil Lack
                TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                Early 911-S Registry # 690
                R-Gruppe # 367
                '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

I agree original Recaros aren't a realistic proposition.

I would prefer a steel bumper, but it isn't really urgent. If one came up I would be interested though. An engine lid will also be on the list.

I will need to work out a thorough plan of improvement for the vehicle once I sort out exactly what needs doing and what can wait.

At the end of the day I think clocking a few kms will be the best way to help me decide

Comment

coco's have arrived - happy

The mats have arrived and the quality and stitching is outstanding, very happy
                    Attached Files

Comment

Very pucca!

Do you ever bring the car to Double Bay? If so we should put the Silver and Black cars together. I'll be getting a take away from Knox Lane at about 8.00 am.

Comment

Thanks Andrew, I'm now in the City so the silver girl doesn't get out as much, the mats would look the business in the black beauty,

Shane

Comment

must admit not being a coco mat fan generaly, but yours look good in your car Shane!

Comment

Thanks John , I just need a reasonably priced 2.4 to finish off

Comment

Coco's.....they've a RHD pattern ?

Hi Shane

Just seen the pics, the mats are great........really great.

Dumb question- so I can assume the supplier has decent RHD 901 mat patterns that fit correctly around the pedals?

...if not rude, what was the ballpark landed cost pls?

Cheers

Stewart

Comment

Working...
                              X