TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Found this in my travels yesterday......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Found this in my travels yesterday......

...thought the team might like to see it: I've posted a note at the Early 911S registry to try and find out a bit more about it. Cool.

Greetings all,

I luckily found this locally yesterday, the original mid 1960's enamel dealer sign off the front of the local service operation, Penley Motors, circa 1965.

Interestingly, in design it matches the glovebox sized Porsche Service booklet that came to me with my early 901, dated Sept 1964.

It has a great provenance in that the sign was pulled from the building in the late 60's and kept in a shed ever since. It's heavy enamel and the "P-O-R-S-C-H-E", "service" and the "triangle" are all embossed out of the enamel.

Fittingly, my 901 was serviced at this very location in it's early years.

Has anyone seen any other originals like it (I have seen the poor repro's on Ebay), or does anyone have a pic of one in-situ on a garage in period?

By the way, I drove past 321 Unley Road this afternoon, just around the corner from my home: it's now a garden center.

Cheers

Stewart.
    Attached Files

Stewart

From the Unley Rd reference I assume you were in Adelaide?
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Great stuff Stewart, I had a similar one last weekend. Took my 80 something year old neighbour through the factory to see new NC euipment etc & in appreciation he gave me a folder he had 'lying around'... The last one is a hand typed price list from 3rd November 1970.. Wish they swere still this price
      Attached Files
      Marcus
      TYP901 Member #81
      1972 911E

Comment

Marcus,

You have pm pls.

Cheers,
        Dennis.

Comment

Working...
        X