White Hot Rage.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Hot Rage.....

Can anyone recommend a good repairer? I need one.

I parked my car at my boy's Auskick training this morning only to have someone park their large truck next me.

The thoughtful soul then proceeded to throw a heavy duty power cord from one side of his truck up and over the roof only to smash into my roof.

Result being 2 x 2mm deep dents in my roof.

Given that it will probably be claimed through my insurance (Shannon’s) I hoped to get some informed opinion of who does quality work in Melbourne.

Just such unbelievable thoughtlessness......deep breath.......stay calm.......deep breath.......@#*^%!
    Last edited by T-DUB; 03-08-08, 07:51 PM.
    Tom Walstab
    Member #142
    911L Silver 1968
    911T Colour? 1969 Work in progress
    928GTS Iris Blue 1995
    911 997 Targa 4S Black
    Ford Ranger 4x4 Silver
    Arrow 125cc Rotax GoKart

Tom,

Jason at Chequered Flag (one of our sponsors) will do an excellent job. Give him a call.

Many of our members use him and can attest to his workmanship.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

ditto on jason.
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Yep, Jason is fantastic.
        Craig Sedgman
        914/6 GT Clone Project
        996 C2.1

Comment

Sounds like Jason is the man! Thanks for the advice.

I washed the car today and found a second big chip in the door to match roof.

Just so pissed off!
          Tom Walstab
          Member #142
          911L Silver 1968
          928GTS Iris Blue 1995
          911 997 Targa 4S Black
          Ford Ranger 4x4 Silver
          Arrow 125cc Rotax GoKart

Comment

tom, i feel your pain. I am sure the insurance company is going to love jason's quote!!!
            Richard Griffiths
            1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Tom,

is the truck driver going to pay up or did he get away before you noticed the dings ?
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

No fast getaway

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
                Tom,

is the truck driver going to pay up or did he get away before you noticed the dings ?
                Luckily he thought it was no real issue, so stayed around setting up his equipment - "Ahhh, that'll just buff out mate".

I calmly, but firmly explained that it was going a big (and expensive) issue.

To his credit, he has contacted me this morning and apologised, said the car was so low he didn’t even see it there and got a bit of a shock when he heard the bang!

He believes that his RACV home/contents public liability insurance is the way to go as it’s not really a motor vehicle accident as such.

Has anyone have any experience with claiming in this manner?

Call me paranoid, but I’m wanting to have my ducks all lined up prior to calling Shannon’s.

Cheers
                Tom
                Last edited by T-DUB; 04-08-08, 11:16 AM.
                Tom Walstab
                Member #142
                911L Silver 1968
                928GTS Iris Blue 1995
                911 997 Targa 4S Black
                Ford Ranger 4x4 Silver
                Arrow 125cc Rotax GoKart

Comment

you are not at fault, so either way Shannons will want to be contacted.
                  Alex Webster
                  A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

RACV way sounds suspicious,

Comment

Just provide him with your quote(s) and let him fix you up however he wants... Give the guy a chance to step up.

Years ago my wife's then new little Astina's bonnet was used as a bench to place a 4 year old child whilst the mother loaded groceries into her car (presumably).

The dented bonnet and scratches were so bad I thought it was deliberate criminal damage. I took the car to work and fingerprinted it (thinking it may have been one of my customers ) I was quickly able to identify the size of the hands and fingers, and the scratches were caused by the lace eyes on the kid's shoes.

It's probably why I still don't have children... yet... but that's another story
                      John Forcier
                      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                      Restoration Saga
                      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

john. indeed - just wait til you find your little bundle of joy in the garage playing 'pretend' panel beaters with a hammer and your car...

or, (sadly a true story with yours truely) when they are trying to remove a battery from your pride and joy and manage to get earthed/non-earthed mixed up and weld the spanner to the chassis...

i am sure people out there will have stories to tell - for another thread maybe?

back on topic - agree that RACV contents claim sounds dodge!!!!
                        Richard Griffiths
                        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Call Shannons and make it thier problem. Thats what insurance if for. Let them do the work for you.

On a similar vein .. I recently bought my black T from Qld, all the way to Sydney, only to find on the way home later that day, a young girl rear ended me. Car wasn't even insured yet! Got the check for bumperette last week. Yay !

Comment

Called Shannon's

Shannon's offered three choices:
                            • pay $300 excess, lose my 65% no claim bonus, goes down on record as my claim.
                            • supply his details, get him to confirm his admssion of liability, no excess, no loss of 65% NCB, no claim recorded.
                            • send him the quote and deal directly with him/his insurance company.
                            My thought is to go with opt 2 and pray it goes to plan.
                            opt 1 is the fall back.
                            opt 3 sounds like hard work.

I agree with John's (Fishcops) comment that sometimes you need the give poeple a chance to step up. Fingers crossed he does the right thing!

Tom
                            Last edited by T-DUB; 04-08-08, 11:02 PM.
                            Tom Walstab
                            Member #142
                            911L Silver 1968
                            928GTS Iris Blue 1995
                            911 997 Targa 4S Black
                            Ford Ranger 4x4 Silver
                            Arrow 125cc Rotax GoKart

Comment

was speaking to my cabbie last night and coincidentally he was telling me about someone who crashed into him... said he'd pay and not to involve the cabbie's insurance company. when the guy got the bill he "decided" he didn't fee llike paying anymore.

go with option 2 and let shannon's to do the leg work. also means if something happens down the track he will get a black mark against him...

option 3 seems to leave you a bit exposed to the goodwill of other party - especially if the quote to fix "somthing that'll buff out" turns out to be a reasonably big job for jason...
                              Richard Griffiths
                              1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Working...
                              X