Early 911 Porsche in latest TOP GUN - Maverick movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early 911 Porsche in latest TOP GUN - Maverick movie

Has anyone identified the model of early 911 driven by Mavericks girlfriend ? Its a silver, small bumper model which "might" be a 911S given it has an S front spoiler. It only appears in a couple of shots. Product placement in this movie is scarce with only fleeting glimpses of Tom's IWC TopGun wristwatch and later an IWC stopwatch. Anyone else spot any more ?
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Go the Silver '73 S and E

Comment

IMG_2817.jpg
      Originally posted by e72phil View Post
      Has anyone identified the model of early 911 driven by Mavericks girlfriend ? Its a silver, small bumper model which "might" be a 911S given it has an S front spoiler. It only appears in a couple of shots. Product placement in this movie is scarce with only fleeting glimpses of Tom's IWC TopGun wristwatch and later an IWC stopwatch. Anyone else spot any more ?
      C'mon Phil, a watch geek like you ... Tom is wearing the same Porsche Design Chronograph 7176s he wore in the original Top Gun movie 30 years ago !
      Last edited by epilot; 04-06-22, 03:24 PM.
      Craig
      12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
      1972 2.4E Targa project
      1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Craig, thanks for the correction. I watched it in a cinema so couldnt rewind and pause to get a better look at the watch and given the movie title, I was sure it was an IWC Top Gun model. The later shot of the IWC stopwatch tended to reinforce the idea that IWC had paid for some product placement.
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
          Belongs to Nick Psyllos (spelling prob wrong) I have never met him, Early S member but we have corresponded often for years as he built a 72ST clone too in tangerine. Scott Longbella did a resto on the silver car a year or so ago so bet it was looking sharp
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

All the info here

First of all, I hope everyone who participates on this forum (including families) is healthy and staying safe during this unprecedented time we find ourselves navigating through. Due to the new WFH mandate I have a bit more time to work on car projects and also goof off on the internet. As such, I thought I’d post on a major effort currently underway on my silver metallic 73 911S (#9113300964). As many of you may be aware, I went through a 4 year (2013-2017) ground up build of my tangerine
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President
            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
            X