Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted - a small piece of basket weave for around radio

Hey guys

I want a better period look for the internal dash face of my car, currently radio is just downright ugly. I'm considering a Becker Mexico because I like the look. Alternatively I might hide the radio if I can find a good alternative.

I'm also looking for a small piece of basket weave for around radio or to create a the radio delete. Anyone got some off cuts ??
    Attached Files

Andrew , if you are overwhelmed with offers I'd like a piece . I am about to remove the ancient non functioning Pioneer from my dash .
    John

Comment

Who needs a radio!? My wife drives her 911 everyday and stoped re-inserting the ugly detachable head unit long ago- she actualy enjoys the sound of an air-cooled 3.0 litre

I think Shane had some left over basket weave a while back, could be wrong but worth a try.

Comment

guys, if you can find a 914 door trim, they should be the same materiel. Look on Ebay for some. Jason Carroll told me that it is the same, but I would have to confirm that with him.
        Alex Webster
        A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Alex

I found this on Pelican:

If the link I've posted works, the part is to replace the dash face material. Interestingly it's on the 911 and 914 pages which would support you're logic Alex. It's being sold as the same as original, anyone know? Below is a pic for offianardos to comment on please...

Phil is this the same as the seats ?? and or do you have any repair pieces ??

I'll send a question off to Pelican and see what they say.

If so John do you want a roll if I order some >?
          Attached Files

Comment

I need some too, so I would buy a bit!!! But I may have some old 914 panels upstairs and I am happy to cut that up if it works for you guys?
            Alex Webster
            A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Tiger
              The material in the photo is the same as on my '71 T (which is original). On the dash facia the pattern runs horizontally (as in the photo) and on the doors it runs vertically.
              Although similar from a distance the pattern is vastly different to the material on Phil's BF Torino seats, where the pattern is more of a diagonal weave.
              Peter Williams #049
              Secretary TYP901
              1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Did anyone end up getting hold of this vinyl? I've got a big ugly hole in my dash as I've decided not to put my radio back in. I'm going to make a plate up to cover the hole, but want to dress it in vinyl...

Ta
                John Forcier
                1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                Restoration Saga
                1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Hey John

I just spent the arvo putting a radio in my dash. I must say I'm very chuffed !

Here's the result.

Thanks to someone I got a bit vinyl, but I suspect it was the last of the supply.

I used 1mm aluminum for the plate and a Dremmel to cut it out. Measure twice or three times cut once..... Best of luck Mr Forcier.
                  Attached Files

Comment

that looks great. huge improvement.

Comment

Looks great Andrew! I have access to some of the reproduction vinyl - but I'm aware there's a little bit of a difference in the weave when you place them side by side...

The anal/OCD personality in me will dictate that I change the whole dash... And then I'll be the person you're all chasing for that little bit of original vinyl :p
                      John Forcier
                      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                      Restoration Saga
                      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Nice work Tiger!
                        Cam Arnott
                        Looking for engine #6208151
                        1970 911E (Sold)
                        '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                        2 x Split Screen Kombis
                        TYP 901 Register # 78
                        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Working...
                        X