Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rear parcel shelf

Hi all
    I’ve been short of time lately and haven’t progressed much since sill repairs and paint. However I recently had time to strip and seal the floor pan in the cab in preparation to install the new Belgium box of carpet.

Much to my surprise and frustration I found some more rust. Rear window corners and parcel shelf, this time carefully concealed by the previous owner. This time with kitchen scourer, body filler and paint. So annoying…..is the least I can say.

My question is to people who have used replacement sections to repair the same problem. Am I best to undertake this with engine in, or engine out?
    thanks in advance IMG_8169.jpg

Such a shame that your introduction to the early Porsche has been marred by unexpected discoveries.
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

My 68 911L had some very small repairs done on parcel shelf and bottom of rear window, but they were small, and I am told not unusual for a car of this age.

The engine and interior were out of the car, which made the whole process quick and efficient. It was one of those while we are in there jobs.

JR
      Justin Reed
      aka Reedminor
      1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
      1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
      1961 356B #114700
      Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Thanks Justin
        interior is still out from the recent sill repairs, and I’m removing the engine on the weekend.
        New parts are on the way from Canada.

cheers
        Dean

Comment

I hope it doesn't come to this 2009-01-12 10.44.31-1.jpg
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

9114CB3C-7F69-435B-BDB0-FCD7E6376FCA_1_105_c.jpg​Par for course i think 1968
            All out

Comment

Hi all

Had a great cup weekend, dropping the engine to make way for rust repairs. Will be cleaning up the underside of the floorpan while the car is on the hoist, and i have another week to wait for reproduction sections and rear parcel shelf to arrive.

I'm looking for a bit of guidance and advice on a few details, thanks in advance, much appreciated.

1. Needing advice for a supplier for those orange heater hoses on the flapper box?
              2. Rubber boot in image, supplier?
              3.There where filings in the bottom of the bellhousing, and it looks like the pinion needs replacement, which i will do along with reco for the starter while its off. It was pretty noisy anyway.
              4. For some reason the front hose on the caliper for the disc is wrapped in white electrical tape??

I have also included the botched repair image, where you can see the kitchen scourer used as a back block for body filler.

Cheers
              Dean rear window rust hole right.jpg rubber boot.jpg ring gear detail 2.jpg ring gear detail 1.jpg front disc.jpg car on hoist.jpg heater hose 1.jpg bellhousing pinion filings.jpg parcel shelf.jpg
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Nairobi912
                Heater hose available from Sierra Madre in USA $50 USD part no SMC.211.622.01

Comment

Thanks Nicko

Comment

Working...
                  X