Kent Moore passing,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kent Moore passing,

Those of you who met and knew Kent Moore on trips to the USA or at the TYP 901 BBQ at The Boyer residence will be no doubt saddened to hear that he passed away on February 13th

A great Porsche guy who had family living in Sydney.

His most known car was the time warp 73 CIS with just 700 km from new but he came from the Californian Volksy Hot Rod scene and still owned his hot rod when all other cars had been sold.

Aside from some great cars he owned I was personally amazed at his gun collection for personal protection......he had them everywhere!!!

RIP Kent
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Vale Kent, an enthusiast to the core, and an absolute gent.

one of the few of our American enthusiast friends who ventured down to Australia not once, but several times.

justin
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Both Clyde and myself and my son Tim were very fortunate to have visited Kent late last year and to spend time with him in his home overlooking Newport Beach before he passed away.

I had often visited Kent when I was in southern California and we had many, many happy Porsche memories with him. And as Justin says, Kent was one of the USA early porsche guys who made time to visit us in Australia - indeed many times.

He survived over 84 years and it was only the last year that his health really started to fail him leaving him unable to walk unaided and needing full time carre. It really killed him not being able to drive any more and he reluctantly had to sell his 997 twin turbo a while back because, as he admitted to me, he would have been very dangerous driving it was such horsepower and his bad legs and slow reflexes.

He was a Porsche guy through and through and will be sadly missed by his many friends not only in SOCAL , but around the world, both here in Australia and in Japan.

My condolences go to his wife of many years, Gerry, whom we also spent time with last October. She was sorry they had to cancel a planned cruise in Sepember due to Kent's increasing lack of mobility, but they had certainly enjoyed some recent trips over the past few years.

Vale Kent.

Kent Moore and Phil.jpg
      A pic of Kent and myself at Cars N Coffee in 2013.

IMG_5597.jpg
      Kent at home behind the wheel of an early 911S.
      sigpicPhil Lack
      TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
      Early 911-S Registry # 690
      R-Gruppe # 367
      '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
      '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
      2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
      1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
      X