Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jeff Eelkema

Hi All

I spoke with Jeff Eelkema this morning who advised that he is currently in Toowoomba hospital in the closing stages of a battle with Pancreatic cancer.
    Please join me in thanking Jeff for being a valued contributor to the Typ901 (and early S) community over the years, both online and in person here in Brisbane. Whether borrowing tools, buying/selling parts or sharing a beer, my interactions with Jeff have always been great. Any questions or advice were always met with a considered and accurate response reflecting his deep mechanical knowledge.

Jeff, we wish you and your family and friends as much strength and comfort as possible in the coming days/weeks and thanks for being an all round true gentleman!

​​​​
    Tom Laube
    Instagram - #first_corner_fever

Porsche - '73 LHD 911T, '72 RHD 911T, '79 All Rounder SC
    VW - '60 Type1 Factory Sunroof, '64 Kombi

Thanks for letting us all know Tom, I am sure all our rhoughts are with Jeff and his family.
    Have lost other friends to this insidious disease.
    Last edited by e72phil; 07-04-24, 06:21 PM.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Thats very sad news tom
      i had a beer with Jeff and John Forcier in Brisbane many years ago and had since had many calls to and fro, he always had time to answer my dumb questions…
      what a kind and generous man he is
      Craig
      12/1969 E based Vintage Racer
      1972 2.4E Targa project
      1973 911 2.4E for the road

Comment

Beautifully put Tom, Jeff all your friends here at TYP 901 echo those sentiments.

Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President
        Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Well said Tom. I remember when he purchased a 1969 911 2.0E from me years ago with a view to restore it. Wishing you and your family and friends all the strength during this difficult time.
          Alex Webster
          A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Working...
          X