NEXT NEWSLETTER! - a promotional opportunity for members

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NEXT NEWSLETTER! - a promotional opportunity for members

I am working on the next edition of the newsletter with Lisa. We expect it to go to press mid/late Feb for delivery early March :!:

Last time we experimented with a couple of drop out advertising pieces to help defray the costs. Since then we have established this board and introduced some sponsors to help defray costs of this board, the website, and some other services for members.(HINT if you have an opportunity, support our sponsors - as they support us :!: )

This means that we will be dropping the advertising in the newsletter as the same organisations are sponsors.

HOWEVER it has allowed us to look at another idea we had at the time of the last newsletter but passed on due to time constraints - the publication of BUSINESS CARD ads in the newsletter for members.

We can scan and print your business card into the newsletter for two consecutive issues - ie one year. I am looking for expressions of interest to see how many members might take this up ( of course it may also be offered to some non members but we want to see if there is support for this within the membership as a service and as a resource for members)

The initial thinking was to charge $25 for a standard business card slot in two editions of the newsletter. These would be high quality BLACK AND WHITE scans. The proceeds would principally be churned back into the newsletter allowing the use of colour like last time , perhaps for a couple more pages of colour? (so long as someone does some more articles - HINT)

This is a cheap way to get coverage of your business (not necessarily P-car related) amongst the growing membership of this group.

What do you all think COMMENTS PLEASE!

We need to have this all sorted out and copies of cards (with payment) if we are going ahead by the end of the first week of February!

Anyone who wants to go ahead straight away please email me direct on vice-pres@typ901.org or PM me from this board
    Hugh Hodges
    1973 E
    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
    Early 911S Register #776

Hugh GREAT idea, this will bring us into line with most other clubs out there. This will give our members who are not in Porsche related businesses a similar opportunity as those of us who are! Well done!

Comment

As a follow up to Hugh's post here are some further thoughts behind this idea...

1) As Hugh said we can offer our members a cost effective yet direct way to become involved with their club newsletter whilst promoting business among the membership.

2) Our board sponsors are also the organisations we are most likely to approach for newsletter advertising to help cover the postage costs at least. Their generosity cannot be endless and they already have great exposure on this board so there will be no value add for them by tipping in yet again for newsletter advertising (unless of course they wish to do so ).

3) We will also open the business card advertising idea to other Porsche (and non-Porsche) related businesses who may be "on the fringe" of our club as a cost effective way to advertise their wares and services. At $25.00 an insert this is good value to reach a small but targeted audience.

4) More colour pages would be great...our second edition of the newsletter with the colour cover caused a massive stir in the States when released. I took several copies with me to Ventura for the German Auto Fest and everyone was very impressed by the quality and presentation of our newsletter. The Board members of the Early S Register were full of praise for our club and the newsletter - they just loved it!

Thanks to our board sponsors we have raised an additional $1200 for the Register thus far...these funds have covered the shared hosting upgrades for the website to cope with the expected and encouraged traffic on this board. Also this additional money helps with CAMS affiliation fees, AOMC affiliation fees, additional expected costs associated with an even bigger and better newsletter with more colour and postage of same to an ever growing membership. But in order to keep improving it will be good to generate some additional funds from different sectors to assist with the expected costs of the newsletter. For what we get, our newsletter costs are very competitive as we are well looked after by an early 911 owner who is not yet a club member but is very interested and sympathetic to our cause. But as each edition grows, the costs do increase and neither Hugh nor I want to cut back on articles and contributions - within reason the more the merrier for all.

So, members...whether you are "tinker, tailor, soldier or spy" (well maybe not the latter :wink: ) please feel free to send your business card in for inclusion in the newsletter - for a small fee of $25 per year of course !

Comment

BUMP :!:
        just a reminder for anyone who wants business card ads in the newsletter they don't have to be Porsche related
        now is the time for members to use the newsletter for their own advantage and help the Register as well

Only $25 for a business card add in 2 editions of a newsletter

email or PM me if you are interested
        Hugh Hodges
        1973 E
        Australian TYP 901 Register #005
        Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Working...
        X