Garage Stackers - any experience

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Garage Stackers - any experience

I was wondering whether anyone has any experience of garage stackers, i'm doing a renovation and considering whether to go the whole hog: dig deeper, leave space in the rafters etc, to fit one ?

I think cost to purchase is around the A$3,500 mark

Picture below
    Attached Files

i've looked into a few but haven't bought as council and i are disagreeing somewhat on my reno' plans...

the best i've found is this single post unit offered by:

its more expensive but completely unrestricted access when the car is raised. you can also specify removable front and rear pans to give good acess for engine/susp work

Comment

How high do you need the roof to be?
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

about 100-200mm more than the combined height of the cars you wish to stack

Comment

Yeah we have one in our garage, they are great.

The one that we have is a guy who was Unique Cars.

All up including assembly and a slide-able (is that a word?!) hydraulic jack, was about $4500. We also had the uprights powder coated red to match the floor.

Overall it has worked great. Plenty of height underneath to work on the car, but also high enough not to bump your head ( I am 6 foot).

BEST THING OF ALL - is that it is moveable, you simply use the casters it comes with and you can move where it is in your garage. Great for when you want to use the garage for something else (like a party!) or if you get sick of where it is.
          Attached Files
          Alex Webster
          A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Working...
          X