TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does this ad description deserve an award ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does this ad description deserve an award ?

Have a read of this ad off carsales and enjoy:

I never considered my car a conversation starter, or recvd challenging looks from Ferraris (have you ?).

And of course, aircoolled cars are definitely easier to run ?????

THIS IS A 911 TARGA SLANTNOSE WITH A WIDE BODY... 2.7L.... 5 SPEED (NOT 4).... IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A UNIQUE CAR, THEN THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT, LEGENDARY PORSCHE ENGINE, POWER, FEEL, THIS CAR TURNS HEADS EVERYWHERE, ITS A CONVERSATION STARTER...

TARGA ROOF FOR THE SUMMER, ELECTRIC SEATS, WIDE DISH ORIGINAL PORSCHE RIMS, WITH LOW PROFILE TYRES, AND TWO TONE INTERIOR.

THE ENGINE GROWLS LIKE A LION, ONCE YOU HEAR THE ROAR OF THE FLAT 6, YOU'LL NEVER WANT TO STOP.

WIDE BODY DEMANDS THE ROAD, PLUS YOU'LL GET THE CHALLENGING LOOK FROM FERRARI OWNERS (I KNOW THE LOOK, CUZ I GOT IT YESTERDAY)

THIS IS AN EASY TO RUN CAR (AIR COOLED), AND IS NOT HEAVY ON FUEL.

GENUINE INTERESTED BUYERS ONLY, NO TEST RIDERS
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

'wide Body Demands The Road' - Wtf????
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Is he referring to its size I wonder. I thought lions roar.
      Paul

Targa 2.4E Signal Yellow

Comment

i disagree Phil, so you are saying no one has ever spoken to you about one of your 20 cars asking about what year , what is the engine size... and starting a conversation ????

Cmon - he is quite on the money in some ways just a generation or two behind with a need for further education..

Comment

I am wondering if,after spending (too)much of his/her hard earned $$$,he/she has actually DRIVEN this wonderful monument to Stuttgart's best or does he/she simply sit in it at night going brm,brm to him/her self ??

Cheers,
          Dennis.

Comment

I guess I should posted a pic of the car as well. Its the worst slant nose conversion you have ever seen.

I just laughed at the awful description and felt it must have been written by one of those persons who translates chinese into such poor english for the instructions you get in any of those "Made in China" cartons of stuff from Bunnings.
            sigpicPhil Lack
            R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Phil I thought the one who got the award for the Ad of the decade was:

"For Sale 1973 911 T/E"

Comment

i agree, porsches are conversation starters. some for good reason. some for bad...

here is the link...

PRICE DROPPED... URGENT SALE... GOING OVERSEAS... MAKE AN OFFER... ITS THE ONLY 911 WIDEBODY TARGA SLANTNOSE IN AUSTRALIA, TURNS HEADS EVERYWHERE...THIS CAR HAS GOT IT ALL, STYLE, POWER, UNIQUNESS...

THIS IS A 911 TARGA SLANTNOSE WITH A WIDE BODY... 2.7L.... 5 SPEED (NOT 4).... IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A UNIQUE CAR, THEN THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT, LEGENDARY PORSCHE ENGINE, POWER, FEEL, THIS CAR TURNS HEADS EVERYWHERE, ITS A CONVERSATION STARTER...

conversation starter because everyone goes 'oh my god, why did you destroy a perfectly good porsche'?!?

TARGA ROOF FOR THE SUMMER, ELECTRIC SEATS, WIDE DISH ORIGINAL PORSCHE RIMS, WITH LOW PROFILE TYRES, AND TWO TONE INTERIOR.

THE ENGINE GROWLS LIKE A LION, ONCE YOU HEAR THE ROAR OF THE FLAT 6, YOU'LL NEVER WANT TO STOP.

'growls like a lion'?!? pleeease.

WIDE BODY DEMANDS THE ROAD, PLUS YOU'LL GET THE CHALLENGING LOOK FROM FERRARI OWNERS (I KNOW THE LOOK, CUZ I GOT IT YESTERDAY)

i think he is mistaken, the 'challenging' look he got was from a poor ferrari owner who was unfortunate enough to get stuck next to him at the lights... "Oh my god, please don't let anyone see me next to this piece of c^&*"

THIS IS AN EASY TO RUN CAR (AIR COOLED), AND IS NOT HEAVY ON FUEL.

I am confused how he thinks it roars like a lion cos he obviously hasn't found the GO pedal if he thinks it isn't heavy on fuel...

GENUINE INTERESTED BUYERS ONLY, NO TEST RIDERS

Attached Files
                Richard Griffiths
                1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Going overseas - yet willing to trade or swap! I think he's stuck with it.

Comment

"IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A UNIQUE CAR, THEN THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT, LEGENDARY PORSCHE ENGINE, POWER, FEEL, THIS CAR TURNS HEADS EVERYWHERE, ITS A CONVERSATION STARTER...
                    YOU'LL GET THE CHALLENGING LOOK FROM FERRARI OWNERS "
                    I think the owner has aptly described his vehicle. These terms could, of course, be used to describe many vehicles, some attractive, some utterly revolting.
                    Attached Files

Comment

that car has been advertised for ages!
                      Alex Webster
                      A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Originally posted by JDCW72 View Post
                        "IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A UNIQUE CAR, THEN THIS IS WHAT YOU WANT, LEGENDARY PORSCHE ENGINE, POWER, FEEL, THIS CAR TURNS HEADS EVERYWHERE, ITS A CONVERSATION STARTER...
                        YOU'LL GET THE CHALLENGING LOOK FROM FERRARI OWNERS "
                        I think the owner has aptly described his vehicle. These terms could, of course, be used to describe many vehicles, some attractive, some utterly revolting.
                        Now John, that really IS a conversation starter ! and you really will get amazing looks from Ferrari drivers.
                        sigpicPhil Lack
                        R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

It's what will have happened if Proton ever buys Porsche.
                          Paul

Targa 2.4E Signal Yellow

Comment

Working...
                          X