Wanted Durant Mirrors - passenger side and drivers side

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wanted Durant Mirrors - passenger side and drivers side

After seeing other cars at Adelaide and being constantly frustrated by the current mirrors I have on the white car, I think it's time for a change.

Anyone who can help ??

Also can I get some help with installation as I don't have any holes.

Andy

Make sure you get genuine not repro otherwise you still wont be able to see what's going on. At least on the drivers side, not sure if this applies on the passenger side.
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

andy,

talbots are another period correct option and i think they look great. don't forget to mount the passenger side mirror further rearward than the driver side.

ps. anyone got a spare glass for a durant? i broke mine in adelaide.

Comment

I have tried mounting them on the passengers side on two cars and failed dismally. I don't think you can really get a good fit. Drivers side no problem.

Ryan, I broke one and just went to a glass place with the old one and they cut me a new one. Easy!

Comment

Yep

Email me your address.
          Cam Arnott
          Looking for engine #6208151
          1970 911E (Sold)
          '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
          2 x Split Screen Kombis
          TYP 901 Register # 78
          Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Andy, the problem is the repro mirrors dont have the extent of rotational and angular adjustment of the originals, hence its sometimes impossible to angle the mirror to where you want. The problem becomes exacerbated on the passenger side where you need a greater angle , plus you need to mount them further forward otherwise the front quarter window frame can block your view.

Attached are a few file pics including a '67 911S with a cool factory race mirror. Also shown is a period Talbot (on an early Ferrari Superamerica). You can also consider a different internal rear view mirror perhaps with extra width or convex ends to pick up on blind spots.
            Attached Files
            sigpicPhil Lack
            TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
            Early 911-S Registry # 690
            R-Gruppe # 367
            '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
            '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
            2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
            1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

I bought the car with a passenger side durant and recently had it removed when I resprayed the car. They are of no use on the passenger side unless you use the type mentioned by Phil.
              Paul

Targa 2.4E Signal Yellow

Comment

Working...
              X