TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is my car worth - may have to sell.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is my car worth - may have to sell.

Hi Guys

I won't bore you with too much of the details. A couple of you are aware my mum is critically ill awaiting a transplant. Circumstances are such that it is likely my brothers and I will have to take on some pretty heavy care responsibilities from out of Sydney, the care may well become palliative in nature if things don't go well.

We're thinking of renting a unit reasonably close to the RPA and taking turns to travel to Sydney and look after mum at the unit (we're all interstate). It will be hideously dear, but I reckon the value of my car should cover it for a year - in which time there will be a result - good or bad.

Does anyone have some thoughts on what my 1969 T might be worth - Aussie delivered RHD, good 2.7RS spec engine, and matching numbered 2.0T engine. But nothing about the car is 'original' in the true sense. Too many POs took their toll.

It's a crap time to sell I know, but family comes first.

Honest appraisals welcome
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

John

Sorry to hear things haven't improved with your mum....

I'd hazzard a guess somewhere around $50-$60K but its a tough call in this market given that you may need to sell it relatively quickly.

Good luck with everything mate

Cam
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

john,

sorry to hear also - tough situation.

i agree with cam, and that kind of asking price puts you well clear of the $90-$110 etc crowd (which is a lot of cars sitting for quite some time)

cheers, ryan

ps. RPA is not too far from me and we have lots of space. don't hesitate to ask if you need a room.

Comment

Very sorry to hear of your situation John .

Think Cam’s probably right though I’d drop the original engine back in and sell the 2.7 separately. Don’t think a second engine adds as much value to the package as you might be able to realize selling individually. Just my 2c

Hope it all ends well.

Cheers
        Paul Wischer
        1969 911T
        1979 Californian Moke
        TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

Thanks for the advice. $55k is what I was thinking.

Paul, I consider swapping engines, but the 2.0 is very tired and not really fit to be just bolted back in - it's set up for a sporto and not the current 915. And the car is a gem with the 2.7

It's not a done deal just yet. But I have to be realistic, and I can always get another car.

I'll let you know how it goes, and naturally you guys in the 901 Registry will get first dibs...
          John Forcier
          1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
          1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
          Restoration Saga
          1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Working...
          X