Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1971 2.2T finally arrives

Well after what seems like an eternity my timewarp 2.2T has finally arrived

Its got 46,600 from new and is the most original Porsche from the early 70's I have seen (even more so than Tony's 2.4E)

The external anodised trim is virtually unmarked, all seats and carpets and internal trim are still original and in amazing condition except for the rear deck which has been stained by a rubberised mat.

Car is fitted with 6" Deep Dish Fuchs with new Michelin XWX, S trim and sway bars (take note Peter) the front luggage compartment is unmarked
    has chrome nudge bars front and rear all books, toolkit, jack etc

I also got NOS heat exchangers, new shocks, 2 colgan bras, the original headlights as it now has H4's, chrome wheel arch moulds and other bits and pieces.

Paint of the front RHS guard is crazed but otherwise its great.

No damage in/or before shipping on this one.

I will take some pics tomorrow and post on the board.

I have bought this car in with the view to selling a high quality LHD car on the Aussie market. I doubt there are many like it here, for the Vics I would liken it to the Websters 2.4E

Any guesses on what I will get for it?????
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Clyde

So i take it you are not going to turn it into a R-Gruppe hot rod :twisted:

I would have thought it would look good in primer - you could strip out / down the interior - I would take the carpets :lol: :lol:

I am glad it arrived safely after the hassle with the other one
    Hugh Hodges
    1973 E
    Australian TYP 901 Register #005
    Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Clyde
      I'll be passing by on Sunday afternoon, about 4pm, returning from Eagle Ridge. Is the car at your place and are you likely to be home? If so, I'd be keen to drop in for an inspection.
      If not and its convenient for you, I can drop over on Saturday with KYJ to do a direct comparison. She's dying to meet her USA sister!
      My preference is Saturday - can't wait til Sunday.
      You have my contact details.
      You'll also be pleased to know that KYJ now has two beautiful sets of sway bars fitted. (by George C)
      16mm back and front. Front through the body.
      It certainly makes a huge difference to the handling.
      Phil, shockers tested OK so haven't replaced them at this stage.
      Peter Williams #049
      Secretary TYP901
      1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Well done Clyde and congratulations...

If there is interest without the stigma of the LHD to RHD then I would expect for you high $50k's as a minimum potentially more ($60's to 70's). The more I suspect will depend upon the concourse crowds interest and the timing of the sale..

I'm certainly good for 40 AUD, but I can hear your laughter from Sydney!!

Would love to see it though, one day, sounds like a helluva time machine.. (Ps how much for the door pockets?... just jokes Clyde jokes)

Shane

Comment

the old LHD vs RHD questions again eh?

I think that this car will certainly test the markets opinion of the value of an exceptionally good LHD machine. of course if it were Clydes RS, then the question wouldnt even arise (funny about that isnt it ??).

I think we are slowly getting towards the point where ANY good early 911 will hold its value well regardless of which side the steering wheels on. With these cars now being in a global market and increasing in value, selling a LHD rust free car into USA or Europe (for good $$$$) is a distinct reality.

I think when we have a few more group runs with some LHD cars included, the opportunity for new members looking to buy, is there to drive a LHD car and see if its really the barrier they think it is.

I know Richard commented after a few hours in the LHD RS that he didnt see it as a problem any more, perhaps only in heavy city traffic.

Interesting to see what transpires.
          sigpicPhil Lack
          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
          Early 911-S Registry # 690
          R-Gruppe # 367
          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

... and when you try to get the ticket to get into a multi-storey carpark?!?

(but you should be driving it not parking it!)

Congrats Clyde. Can't wait to come and have a look at the new additions to the family! And to pick your brains about this importing game...

When do we get to see the photos?!?

Rich
            Richard Griffiths
            1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Phil,

The question LHD/RHD will as you say potentially over time become a mute point...

A change like this is really a cultural one, and as such, it takes very long period of time to become a normal 'state of play'. .. (We are dealing with the human mind here...) The discussion promotes the change so I would if you want the change to occur always welcome the topic.. (which you have here . no issues from me).

Shane

Comment

Originally posted by griffiths_r
                ... and when you try to get the ticket to get into a multi-storey carpark?!?

(but you should be driving it not parking it!)

Rich
                Rich, I know the feeling but still managed to pull the ticket when I had my city office and drove the yellow car in for the day. its a stretch but still possible. Breathalysers are another different story. A lot of fun though as its not in the Police OH&S site plan to step around to the other side of the car. an interesting legal argument if you ever got caught though (illegally obtained evidence ??).
                sigpicPhil Lack
                R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

I used to park in the same car park as PHil, I met him for the first time in an elevator him clutching a picture of the car I had in the garage and our association started from then

When I drove to work in the RS I used to get out not sure how Phil managed to reach across!!!!!!!!
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President

Comment

Visitors most welcome Saturday before 12 noon I am going to Inverloch about 1pm.

Phil and Howard Burton (Wagga Wagga TYP 901 member that I did the Qld Porsche driving course with) getting first hand view Friday night.

here are some pics taken prior to delivery
                    Attached Files
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President

Comment

OK,

I'm a pretty tough judge when it comes to these cars....I nitpick at little things others probably wouldn't even notice :roll: ...

Stunningly unadulterated; apart from a couple of blemishes of which Clyde already knew - I can't find fault with it.

It's a great car...it's been a long time since I've seen one this good that is unrestored.

Congratulations Clyde - this car is a honey .

Cheers,

Comment

I had the pleasure of viewing Clyde's car last Friday evening and it is indeed a time capsule car and in outstanding condition. It must have been owned by Clyde's twin in the USA.

However, it wasn't entirely perfect, having a loose knob on the drivers window winder. I was able to provide Clyde with an NLA window winder with a very firm knob which no doubt has been duly fitted by now.

Cant have any loose knobs on these cars now can we Clyde ?
                        sigpicPhil Lack
                        R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Hmmmm, the sort of pictures I don't want to see! So refreshing to see a Nice unmolested car, they are out there. Can't want to see it.

Comment

Clde

Are those rear lapsashes original?

tony

Comment

Tony
                              Original both back and front.
                              Same as on my T when purchased - I replaced mine with Klippan K6254 belts as the originals are made of a very heavy webbing material compared with current belts and the locking mechanism (small lever on buckle) tends to get more difficult to operate with wear - although Clydes hasn't had the wear that most cars have had.
                              Peter Williams #049
                              Secretary TYP901
                              1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Working...
                              X