Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Lakeside Racetrack!

Hi Lads

I thought some of you may be interested in the attached link to the Lakeside Raceway update.

I'm sure a lot of you know what a historic track this one is and it's so pleasing to see that - for once - motorsport beat out the developers and johnny-cum-lately residents whinging about noise. The track is undergoing some really big improvements, and I understand the goal (among many) is to revive a 'classic' ambience to events.

There is strong support for a historic "Goodwood' kind of event where it's kept 'period correct' and the old true classics are to be given run of the place over a weekend (bikes and cars).

PCQ has few track days booked in this year and I can't wait!

John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Hi John

Thanks, great news, I was starting to get concerned as I hadn't heard anything recently. BTW you mentioned in another post about "speed on Tweed" as if it is over, I didn't see any news, whats happened?
    Jeff Eelkema
    TYP 901 #132
    S-Reg #1431
    69E (project)
    various bevel Ducatis
    60s Vespa

Comment

Hi Jeff

Unfortunately the promoter/organiser decided it was too much for him, but no on else was prepared to pick it up so for this year at least (and possibly forever more) the event has been cancelled. There is an article about it all in this month's Unique Cars.

It's demise could be the catalyst needed to get promoters behind the classic revival kind of event at Lakeside? It would be great to see.
      John Forcier
      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
      Restoration Saga
      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Working...
      X