Cayman for anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cayman for anyone?

I just dropped by to see Alex at Porsche for some parts and they had about 8 Cayman S parked out the back after last nights official release.

I must admit this is the only new Porsche I have really desired for quite some time and am looking forward to a test drive n about 2 weeks time.

even if I order now, its NOV 06 delivery . Wow ! popular little buggers !
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Fellow meber Howard Burton is a chance to put the deposit down I think. he attended the launch last night
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

checked the out at Buller where they had all the cars.
      Good bit of kit, however the actual room in the back of the car is significantly less than they had claimed.
      The best thing would be a stripped out version like a Cayman GT3!!!
      Alex Webster
      A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

the gf and i checked these out at sydney south on the weekend.

externally, i think they look good. much better in the flesh than in pics - especially the rear hatch setup. the foglights look a little dinky but do their job of differentiating the cayman from its siblings.

internally, i found the cabin quite small (and a bit 914ish with the high rear wall) but otherwise pretty nicely finished (nb. my newest car is a '79)

however, i didn't see any manuals...

Comment

Cayman rantings: a CS version is a no-go.

I saw my first Cayman at Phillip Island on Saturday. Nice looking little car, the rear 3/4 shape is fantastic.

I saw Michael Browning (Porsche journalist) there and we discussed the Cayman- he said he'd put in a lot of miles in the car, and loved it.

I mentioned a Cayman CS would be my cup of tea, but he was pretty adamant that the factory are VERY nervous about releasing such a model as it would significantly narrow the performance gap to the 911. He was strongly of the mind that Porsche wouldn't produce a CS / RS version.

Hmmm, no incentive to get out of my 968 CS which I love, then. Plus, there is the small matter of $150k and change being right up there, especially as they will all depreciate in the coming years.

The car was smaller inside than I'd imagined, especially compared to my 968 CS. I'm sure the size difference between these two is minimal, it just seems that way.

They'll sell hundreds of these: as opposed to my 968 ClubSport which is one of only 14 M030 cars sold to Australia. They were tough times for Porsche in the early/mid 90's.

Cheers

Stew.

Comment

Working...
          X