X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAS Historic Event - Sept 09

Hey guys,

throwing this out there for two reason

1. there is the first historic event at Baskerville race track on the weekend of the 18-20 September 2009. The track is 20 minutes from Hobart.
    2. This meet could be doubled up as a TYP901 Tassie Tour, finishing for the racing on the Saturday and Sunday at Baskerville

The entries are open for regularity drives for those cars that they deem acceptable, so technically those with eligible cars (like ours) could be deemed okay to run inregularity.

The track is 2.0kms long, with 7 corners, so not overally hard, but it is suited to older cars as the top speed is not that great.

The track is available for private practice on Thurs and then structured practice on Friday. Racing on Sat and Sun.

Wrest Point and TT line have a special for those that are competing ($150 a night at Wrest Point). Not sure of cost on TT. However if we had enough interest I am sure that there would be better off finding cheaper accomodation that can house a few of us!

Regularity is $145, and racing is $245.

Would be graat to get some of the 901'ers down there and support the event.

Let me know if you are interested and I can send you the application. If we get enough entries or interest for the tour, then we could have a display if we talked to the organisers I am sure they would be happy to help out.
    Alex Webster
    A few Porsches in the shed

Alex, have you organised your leave pass yet ?

You obviosuly havent read the rule book yet.

Marriage Rules that is.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

locked in thanks Phil - have got a few this year!
      Alex Webster
      A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

I agree Phil - Clause 2.11 Paragraph 4 States "Frequent family points earned before 'the day' cannot be redeemed afterwards".... At least that's what I'm told is in my book
        Marcus
        TYP901 Member #81
        1972 911E

Comment

Baskerville

Alex , I may well be interested --send me an application and I'll talk about it with Val ( I've been married 40 years so I know the process well !)
          Thanks
          John

Comment

I'm on wife #4, I know the process better than anyone!!!
            Clyde Boyer
            TYP 901 Register Inc.
            President
            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
            X