TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Members car in April 2009 Excellence mag.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Members car in April 2009 Excellence mag.

Hi guys, if you havent seen it already, check out US member Chuck Miller's '73 911S in the April 2009 edition of Excellence Magazine.

I believe its the current edition on our newstands at present.

I hvae been fortunate to have been taken for a blast in this car by Chuck a few years back along some of the famous canyon roads not far out of LA. As per the article, Chuck relaly knows how to drive this car and its setup is awesome.

Anyone every visiting LA or one of the Early S or R Gruppe meets will always run into Chuck and his metallic blue 911S. Make sure you introduce yourself as a fellow TYP901 member.

Great article anyway, CHuck. Boy I hardly didnt recognise that early photo of you next to the Alfa.

Must have been the pipe.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Thanks Phil,

The article was written and photographed by my old friend Randy Wells. It was done while Randy and I did the R Gruppe long weekend together last Oct. Besides being a good mate, Randy's a professional photographer, great writer, and a Pacific Northwest SCCA Solo II class champion...

Yeah, yeah, I smoked a pipe for about 10 years back in the day...

That pic was taken at the Goodyear garage at Riverside Raceway in '72. I was pitting for my friend Hector in his GTA for his SCCA driver's school weekend. He and we went on to win the 1973 Regional C/Sedan championship in that car. Later he and we went on to win the '75 Regional Formula Ford championship.

Today my friend Hector is still driving the wheels off of vintage Alfa's......

And I just got back from the first 'Targa California'... clocking another 840 fast back road miles on the old blue car.

.......... and so it goes...

Cheers
    Last edited by Chuck Miller; 31-03-09, 02:29 AM.
    Chuck Miller
    The Australian TYP 901 Register #062
    Early 911S Registry #109 - Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator
    R Gruppe #88

Comment

great article... and in the current May edition there are also a couple of early 911's...

Oh, and a very modified 356 which is interesting.
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

I've been trying to get my hands on Excellence up here but the usual sources appear to not be stocking it any more...

Might be time for a subscription.....
        Cam Arnott
        Looking for engine #6208151
        1970 911E (Sold)
        '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
        2 x Split Screen Kombis
        TYP 901 Register # 78
        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Working...
        X