History of 72T at CTS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

History of 72T at CTS

Anyone know anything about the silver 72T at CTS in Sydney?
    Looking at doing a deal with the 934 rep.

the gold one or the RS replica?
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Originally posted by reedminor View Post
      the gold one or the RS replica?
      The silver one.

Comment

It's a gorgeous looking car, but I'd change the bumper back. I think the fuchs are nice, but not actually correct (but I'd keep 'em).

Perhaps it's just the influence of the 'merican boards, but 80k for a T spec car?
        John Forcier
        1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
        1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
        Restoration Saga
        1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
          It's a gorgeous looking car, but I'd change the bumper back. I think the fuchs are nice, but not actually correct (but I'd keep 'em).

Perhaps it's just the influence of the 'merican boards, but 80k for a T spec car?
          80K is OTT but the deal depends on what they reckon mine is worth.
          I'm also not sure how I'll go with only 130HP.

Comment

Paul,

Whatever floats your boat... it looks fairly unmolested, and has some patina.

How do you intend using it?

There are a number of cars at cts I'd select ahead of this - I know a fair bit about the RS Rep, and the gulf blue Carrera 3.
            Justin Reed
            aka Reedminor
            1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
            1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
            1961 356B #114700
            Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Ford View Post
              I'm also not sure how I'll go with only 130HP.
              Use the lighter weight to your advantage and don't brake!
              John Forcier
              Restoration Saga

Comment

Originally posted by reedminor View Post
                Paul,

Whatever floats your boat... it looks fairly unmolested, and has some patina.

How do you intend using it?

There are a number of cars at cts I'd select ahead of this - I know a fair bit about the RS Rep, and the gulf blue Carrera 3.
                Justin,

My racing days are over. Young family and new job means I wont be able to expend as much time and money as I've done in the past. Financial crisis has made sponsorship a lot harder to come by.
                Basically I'm after a weekend cruiser that has back seats for my 2 young boys.
                I'm also tempted by the backdated red car. Probably better suited to my needs but not a real 901. After seeing what the boys at Classic Road and Track did to a similar half assed backdate I think that car also has potential.

Comment

Justin,

My racing days are over. Young family and new job means I wont be able to expend as much time and money as I've done in the past. Financial crisis has made sponsorship a lot harder to come by.
                  I'm also tempted by the backdated red car. Probably better suited to my needs but not a real 901. After seeing what the boys at Classic Road and Track did to a similar half assed backdate I think that car also has potential.
                  Paul,
                  I am sure I recall seeing this lovely silver car for sale on Ian Nott's "RS Consulting" quite a while ago. http://www.rsconsulting.co.nz/
                  Ian may be able to shed some more light on the silver "T" history.
                  Good luck.
                  John

Comment

Whilst my racing days never actually got started I know what you mean. I'm working on getting my car back to a more road orientated set up with a tall cruising 5th, tyres with sidewall flex, and a road height suitable for our goat tracks. I want it to look period cool with some punch, but still be suitable to duck out and get the bread and milk. In a few years time, I want to be able to take my little bloke out for weekend drives and occassional track dack days

Paul, the backdated Carrera is certainly in the spirit of the early cars and the club, I for one wouldn't be ashamed to turn up to Typ901 stuff in a car like that!
                    John Forcier
                    Restoration Saga

Comment

Working...
                    X