Richard Griffiths
    1970 911T 2.8

Great is inadequate, Rotator!!
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I see on the news Thredbo toped the state with "90mm odd" of SNOW??
      How was it?
      MichaelJapp
      71E
      Typ901 #065
      EarlyS #798

Comment

Does this answer your question Jappy :p (7am this morning)

I'm sure I can speak on behalf of Clyde, Rich, Graeme, Jock, Suzie and Captain Craig in saying that this was the most fantastic, exciting and memorable TYP901 weekend possible.
        We experienced every driving condition possible and on some of the best TYP901 roads in Australia.
        We Victorians arrived home safely (just) - I trust that Jock, Suzie and Craig also had a safe trip home.
        (KYJ clocked up just on 1000 miles for the weekend)
        Many thanks to two wonderful people, Stuart and Liz Baillie (friends of Jock and Suzie) for hosting our TYP901 bbq at their stunningly picturesque property at Berridale. Stuart and Liz were unanimously voted as honorary club members (notwithstanding that Stuart races an Alfa) - and I do believe they are now our highest (altitude above sea level) members in Australia.
        I thought that our photos and stories of last year's trip may have encouraged others to make the effort this year. Unfortunately only one freshman, Craig from Newcastle, joined us this year - and I bet he'll be back next year.
        ..........anyway, it was a great trip and I've got some fantastic photos:p
        Attached Files
        Last edited by MrUpwey; 27-04-09, 06:10 AM.
        Peter Williams #049
        Secretary TYP901
        1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

More, more...
          John Forcier
          1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
          1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
          Restoration Saga
          1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

So Rich, did you put the new tyres on before you went? As they snow would not have been the best for those older tyres!!!!!

Great pics guys, wish we could have been there. Snow driving/drifting in a 911 though, would make feel like a 1960's rally driver!

Maybe next year!
            Alex Webster
            A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Geez it was 35C up here yesterday, didn't I get through some water on the 3 hour fang.

Talk about a land of contrasts! Hope your heaters were working ok, touch of the Monte Carlo Rally there chaps.

By Rotator do you mean Rich had an 'incident' Clyde!?
              Cam Arnott
              Looking for engine #6208151
              1970 911E (Sold)
              '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
              2 x Split Screen Kombis
              TYP 901 Register # 78
              Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                Great is inadequate, Rotator!!
                of course you are talking about Jock aren't you Clyde?!?

BTW, in case anyone was wondering; R rated advans are not the best for snow...
                Richard Griffiths
                1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Sir Spin Richard!!
                  Alex Webster
                  A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

A selection of shots from the weekend for those who attended and those who genuinely were unable to make the trip - unfortunately left my camera in the car when we were taken by 4WD to the bbq spot at the farm. I think Rich and Craig got some there that they may post.

Clyde's 69S, Jock & Suzie's 69T, Cpt. Craig Duthie 73E, all 5 cars and Clyde

(Sorry Rich and Clyde, but couldn't resist any longer )
                    Attached Files
                    Peter Williams #049
                    Secretary TYP901

Comment

More of the Saturday drive (approx. 200mls through the high country) in the clouds and below the clouds
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by MrUpwey; 27-04-09, 07:30 PM.
                      Peter Williams #049
                      Secretary TYP901

Comment

......and a final few.
                        The last shot on the trip home heading into Corryong - a beautiful rainbow guiding us to a pot of gold - or at least a nice hot mug of coffee after our perilous trip on the snow & ice covered road out of Thredbo. Did someone mention Rich's pirouette? :p
                        Attached Files
                        Peter Williams #049
                        Secretary TYP901

Comment

last lot...

(final pic is of the bbq at Stuart & Liz's)
                          Attached Files
                          Richard Griffiths
                          1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Nice pics guys.

Great everything again with the exception of the snow on Sunday am

I woke up at 6.45am looked out the window and then dragged everyone up to get the hell out of there. We had planned to leave at 9.30 ish, think we would still be there if we waited.

Let me tell you Yokahama Advans are NOT, repeat NOT good in the snow. Still pretty good in the wet I found out.

Thredbo Village is down, you have to go up quite a bit to get out and Rich and I almost didn't make it up the last significant hill, wheels were spinning but no progress was being made. Peter had to push Rich up the last bit I was in front, couldn't stop, couldn't turn back, it was forward or call for help!!

Rich had an issue a little while later after he enjoyed the view so much he just wanted to check where he had been, where he was going, where he had been and almost where he was going again!!!! Peter saved him again.

Jock tried to set the standard the day before on a tight bend much to passenger Susies absolute horror!

Bloody big wind storms didn't help, we dodged trees, rocks, wildlife, more bark than you can imagine but very few other cars on any day.

Great weekend, fabulous company, great food, excellent accomodation, awesome roads everywhere and the Cats won again!

We have broken the drought 2 years running now as it rained Cats and Dogs last year on the way home.

I know its not easy to take 4 days out of your lives but I cannot urge you strongly enough to consider joining us next year.
                            Last edited by Terminator; 27-04-09, 08:44 PM.
                            Clyde Boyer
                            TYP 901 Register Inc.
                            President
                            Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
                            X