Melb Motor Show - dont waste the $17.50

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Melb Motor Show - dont waste the $17.50

Just back from the Motor Show where young Tim certainly had a great time , but I was very disappointed with the showing, even if Porsche had the Cayman there.

I thought it was very ho hum and we got thru it in about 1 hour, not the 3 I thought it should have taken.

the best part was the stunt driving demo by some UK driver (who does some Top gear work) who managed to through a little Pug 307 around like you wouldnt believe.

By comparison, the Sydney Boat show I like to attend costs a lot less and takes about 2 days to get thru seeing everything. maybe the Syd Motor Show is also a lot bigger with more stuff to browse. I mean the Melb show didnt even have the spruikers selling siphons, steak knives and wonder polishes...

But dont let me spoil it for you.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Thanks

You just did!!!!
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

It was worth $5 just to look at some of the girls handing out thte promotional material but thats about it.

Wild FJ concept car however and wash my mouth out with soap....great looking M6 beemer.
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Yes I cant wait for ride in Wolfords 2006 M5 Beemer . And the M6 is rather nice too.

But I have been checking out the prices of the superseded M5 and there are some nice cars around for around $90K. Thats a serious motor for that money. Might be time to upgrade to a sleeper ?

I'll put 520i badges on it.

So Clyde, feel ripped off at the $17.50 ticket price ? What did you think of the green 73Targa for auction tomorrow ?

Anyone going to the show to watch the auction ??
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
        X