Extended Saturday Run (Unofficial) Melb - NEW DATE 4th March

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phil

Just confirming - is the colour of the T called "lemon"?
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Richard, the whole 901 experience, esp with the lower HP cars, is to ensure you keep it 'on the cam', as they tend to fall in the ass a bit and bog down.

Driving someone elses car, on unfamiliar roads and car, does not normally make easy driving at the best of time, I think you did a good job!!! Great photos!

I need to perfect that run, as the last section (really twisty) before we turned left at the round about is even better as a hill climb rather than feathering the brakes and drifting the car!! Marcus and I wanted to do that again and again after we found that!!!

The longer run is good I think? Any suggestions - like not getting lost (that was me!). I think without our one wrong turn it would be a good long run. I had done 280kms by the time I got home, and that was leaving at 7:45am, returning at 1pm, and having had a quick breakie and lunch!! Not bad going I think! Mind you I also used a full tank of fuel! So much for any of the ELF 102 octane fuel that was left from Buller!

Marcus and I did a informal drag when doing a U-turn after lunch - interesting to see that our two cars in a straight line had nothing in them.

Marcus and I are planning to go to Calder next Monday (long weekend) and compete at Sandown. He will be running his 901, and I the 356 (CRC) so anyone bored or wanting to escape the famliy for a few hours should head on down.

For others that are interested, Marcus and I are going to run a full season of sprint events this year as well as the Dutton Rally in September. If anyone would like to join our little 'Entourage' then you are more than welcome, to either compete, spectate or as part of the informal 'crew'!

Cannot wait for June for the driver ed day, should be a heck of a lot of fun, and a good shake down for the 66S that should be finished and ready to compete for the remainder of the years sprint and rallies.
      Alex Webster
      A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

Originally posted by gouldwil
        Phil

Just confirming - is the colour of the T called "lemon"?
        Peter,

I think its more like "Light Yellow" but it was a cheap Californian paint job so maybe not an original Porsche colour.

Clydes shot of Rich driving doesnt show up the colour well.
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Thats either a very staright bat you just played Phil or you missed our clever Mr Williams jibe!!!

Thanks Alex for arranging the tour on Saturday it was good to get on some of those great roads that Lisa found for the Nationals last year although I think I was going the opposite direction this time.

The Targa really enjoyed the run, its only done 1500 miles from new, until I noticed close to home that the oil pressure number was considerably higher that it had been all day i.e up around 80 at 3500rpm wheras it had hardly gone above 60 at any speed during the run. It also seemed to not go any lower than 20 when at idle which is also high from my memory.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks for the thoughts on the T Richard it really is a nice car the more I look at it and certainly would be hard to find many more like it nowdays.

I found that both front shockers were completely shot so I have installed the new Konis that came with the car so now it doesn't bounce down the road on the torsion bars any more.

Next to install the NOS heat exchangers that also came with the car and possible a new exhaust.
          Clyde Boyer
          TYP 901 Register Inc.
          President
          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Clyde

If the Aussies are short of a batsman in South Africa - we know who to send!

Following Richard's comments on the T - I must come and have another look - or perhaps you can come for a run across to Upwey some time soon. Isn't it nice Clyde, for both of us to be able to just go out into our respective garages and be comforted in the knowledge that we have in our possessions two of the nicest 2.2T's in the world!! - well at least Australia (I don't wish to exaggerate)
            Peter Williams #049
            Secretary TYP901
            1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator
              Thats either a very straight bat you just played Phil or you missed our clever Mr Williams jibe!!!
              Clyde,

I am only playing straight bats from now on - you know that.

And I dont rise to jibes anymore....

And its hardly a lemon now it has your targa battery in it !

And I thought you were a no poster anymore ?
              sigpicPhil Lack
              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
              Early 911-S Registry # 690
              R-Gruppe # 367
              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Don't you start on me too!! How about getting after Mr Williamswho incidentaly wasn't anywhere to be seen.
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President
                Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Working...
                X