Le Mans Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Le Mans Classic

Justin Reed and myself went to the Le Mans Classic last weekend . It was an amazing event only slightly marred by extraordinarly hot weather . Justin went to last year's Monterey and the Goodwood FOS the weekend before the LMC says that it was much bigger and better than either - high praise .
    Unlike 2008 the Porsche factory got right behind this year's event with a big museum display and support .
    Here are some photos . For the photogear junkies I was using a s/h Canon G9 compact which I bought off ebay for $350 last month-about the heaviest camera you'd want to carry around in that heat .

John Shingleton
    Attached Files

Caption; "Hold my helmet while I ring the wife to tell her I won't be home for dinner" :p
    Peter Williams #049
    Secretary TYP901
    1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

This just says it all... Fantastic!
      Attached Files
      John Forcier
      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
      Restoration Saga
      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

What I find amazing is that he is driving a Triumph TR2 . But maybe she's his niece and he's just showing her France .

John Shingleton

Comment

Originally posted by gouldwil View Post
          Caption; "Hold my helmet while I ring the wife to tell her I won't be home for dinner" :p
          Caption: When you said "Don't worry, we'll use protection", this is not what I had in mind.
          Richard Griffiths
          1970 911T 2.8

Comment

i think i'm going to have to add this to my bucket list - pity that porsches are as common as muck!

oh, and I hope #16 above is a replica...
            Richard Griffiths
            1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Originally posted by John Shingleton View Post
              What I find amazing is that he is driving a Triumph TR2 . But maybe she's his niece and he's just showing her France .

John Shingleton
              ..............yeah sure , and she's from "Down Under" and is showing him her Map of Tasmania :p ......................or maybe she's from Brazil
              Peter Williams #049
              Secretary TYP901
              1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Will Claire let you add her to your bucket list...very understanding lady
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President
                Early S Register Member #294

Comment

:-) not quite what I had in mind... and no, she isn't that understanding!!!

le mans and the 'ring for my 40th would be a pretty good compromise though.
                  Richard Griffiths
                  1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Possibly not as much fun though
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President
                    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Number 16 was not a replica. It wasn't that type of meeting. For the most part the cars had to have run in previous LeMans races.

I have a shot of the RSK I suspect it came into contact with. It was even worse.

But they are being used in the spirit in which they were intended. I will post some shots when I get time to download them.
                      Justin Reed
                      aka Reedminor
                      1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                      1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                      1961 356B #114700
                      Instagram: reedminor

Comment

justin - agree with you on the last point. The sad part about Fox's collectipn is the lack of use... Only one thing worse than a 550 in a bingle and that's a 550 stuck in a museum!
                        Richard Griffiths
                        1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Working...
                        X