10000 Mile RS for $250000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

10000 Mile RS for $250000

I have just heard 10000 mile Wong car will be sold next week for 250k. Wish I could afford it.

Shanet

Shane,

if you get more details of the sale and have some pics of the car, it would make a nice short news item for the forthcoming newsletter which we are assembling now.

On that subject, anyone else with some short news or a story or 2 of recent Porsche activities, pls email them to me (phil@lasertechnology.com.au).
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Thats cheap on the world market 2 most recent sales have been $215US and $200US which is 290K and 270K respectively
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Here's some pictures. After taking them I went for a ride in it and added a couple of precious miles. Was offered a drive but declined as I can't afford to replace it.
        Attached Files

Comment

more pics
          Attached Files

Comment

Shane,

That is the second time I have seen a rear wiper on a ducktail !
            The last time was at the PC GB weekend away in 1978 in Wales.
            This is getting to be ever so common !!
            :wink:
            Was it ordered with the car or did Joseph put it on later ?

Cheers,
            Dennis.

Comment

It should have LSD and sunroof plus the front lights that you can see and black roof lining but thats it. No rear wiper from factory and no sports seats although it looks like it has both now. Original Hong Kong delivery.

The milegae seems too low to be true!!!! must surely be the lowest mileage RS in the world if its true.
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President

Comment

Some interior pics.
                Joseph actually put on some stuff though I don't have all the details. The 7" and 8" wheels, the driving lights and the rear bumper were added. He still has all the originals though.
                As per the milage being true, all I can say is that he has had the car since it was a year old and in the 20 years I known him he has just driven the car around the block every 2 or 3 weeks, rarely has he taken it on any runs.
                Apologies for the poor photo's I did not have the camera properly set.
                Attached Files

Comment

Good luck to Joseph,

I imagine it would be a wrench to sell the car after 31 years of ownership....

A lovely car, and I didn't realise it had such low mileage... Do we know where its going?

Justin R
                  Justin Reed
                  aka Reedminor
                  1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
                  1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
                  1961 356B #114700
                  Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Actualkly Shane the driving lights are factory unless Joseph has changed ths tyle as they are listed in the RS book as being there day 1.

If the poms found out about this car I think $250,000 would be left in the dust!
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President

Comment

Well I think the poms must have known as Chris Smith had been trying to sell it originally in pounds and t did not sell. Anyway the car is now sold and went to the Classic Throttle Shop. I don't know if they have lined up a buyer or not.
                      As for the driving lights Joseph told me he put them on, the car originally had the under bumper ones (Hella 128??) which he removed.

Shanet

Comment

Chaps,

I will be desparately disappointed if the car leaves the country....

Dennis

Comment

This car is at the Throttle Shop - I had a good look today.

Apparently it is sold for $300K, to a local Sydney buyer.

Comment

Shane,

Am about to buy some under bumper lights....are the ones off the RS for sale do you think?

Andrew

Comment

Andrew,

those lights on the RS are not cheap. Ryan and I are chasing them at present.

expect to pay around US$1000/pr for ones in good nick.

I may have something of interest soon though. Will keep you posted or send me a PM and we can talk more.
                              sigpicPhil Lack
                              TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                              Early 911-S Registry # 690
                              R-Gruppe # 367
                              '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                              '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                              2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                              1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
                              X