Yellow Targa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellow Targa

I might be wrong ... but seem to remember this car... not many yellow Targas around.

It is LHD and converted over, as the first RHD Targas were not produced till MY73. My Dad photographed the first car being made on our factory tour in September 72. It was marked "erste rechts"

I think this car was ex Qld... I bought the silver engine grille off it, it had been made to look like a later model... and was a classic rental car for a period in Sydney.

Anyone looking at this should go in with their eyes wide open if its the same car.....

If its different, then ignore my ramblings.

Justin R
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

Good comments Justin, another good reason this board is such a valuable resource for members.

I thought that car was a little underpriced. Hopefully anyone thinking about it does a thorough PPI.
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

This certainly raises some issues about pricing these cars.

Given that the Throttle Shop was selling that black targa (with some unknown rust/acident damage) for I think $45,000? It was an original UK RHD car.

So $29,000 for a LHD convert 2.2S could mean a couple of things...
      1. The value of a car is massively impacted by being converted left to right
      2. It's not a true S car
      3. the previous owner must have basically given it to them based on their hefty margins (for insurance, maintenance and a profit etc).
      4. or... someone could be in to get a great bargain!

So, aside from the left versus right debate, what do people think the negative value impact is from a conversion??

Rich
      Richard Griffiths
      1970 911T 2.8

Comment

Rich, I guess it may be due to the quality of the conversion ??

I think a few members have physically seen the car so maybe we can get a few more comments ?

I doubt it is a real bargain given the CTS's tendency to price early Porsches at the upper end of the market.
        sigpicPhil Lack
        TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
        Early 911-S Registry # 690
        R-Gruppe # 367
        '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
        '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
        2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
        1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
        X