Mille Miglia muffler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mille Miglia muffler

I am looking to replace the stainless Monty 2 in 1 out muffler on my car, it has a 76mm outlet. Dansk, Monty, and Mille Miglia are in the frame, all priced about the same with the exception of the Dansk sport 87mm outlet which I can get direct from Germany for about $950 landed which makes it a few hundred cheaper. I spoke to Lambros from Mille Miglia this morning and I am leaning that way, can anyone give me any more food for thought
    Last edited by 9er; 03-07-11, 12:22 PM. Reason: spelling

Hi Chris

I have a 2-in-1-out Mille Miglia, I don't know what size the outlet pipe is (but it's much bigger than stock). It's been on the car 8 years and still looks and sounds great - it's loud but doesn't drone; but I don't have any insulation in the car so probably all mufflers would sound loud . It did require some tweaking to fit - the installer (Millie Miglia supplier) found he had to cut and reweld the intake pipes on my particular muffler to correctly fit to the headers (but you can't see once installed).

I'm considering selling it as I'm chasing an original for period correct asthetics and converting to a rallye "3 outlet" configuration (I gave the original away years ago without thinking). If you're interested let me know and I can take some pictures etc... Not 100% that I want to sell, and I haven't explored the cost of sourcing a correct muffler for my car yet.
    John Forcier
    1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
    1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
    Restoration Saga
    1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

John,

I have a friend with a rallye 3 outlet that he wants to change. PM me and I will provide contact details if you are interested.

Comment

Speak to Pooley, he'll have a few on the shelf I'd imagine and tell you which will make the best power for your engine. I can't remember if you have carbs or CIS?
        Cam Arnott
        Looking for engine #6208151
        1970 911E (Sold)
        '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
        2 x Split Screen Kombis
        TYP 901 Register # 78
        Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Yeah Cam, Mark poole is pushing a dual outlet that he sources or a Dansk for $1400 both prolly O.K but getting some good feedback on the Mille miglia...... I'm carbs.
          Last edited by 9er; 23-06-11, 06:28 PM. Reason: added

Comment

Some photos of of mine...
            Attached Files
            John Forcier
            Restoration Saga

Comment

John, what sort of headers were you fitting up to? The design looks the same as the current photos on their website.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hi Chris

That looks to be exactly it. Mine is fitted up to the factory headers (from which I've removed the old rusty heat exchangers). We did slightly bend the exhaust pipe to better fit through the the early car valance cut-out (you can probably see the slight kink)

Cheers
                John
                John Forcier
                Restoration Saga

Comment

Sorry I should have remembered carbs
                  Cam Arnott
                  Looking for engine #6208151
                  1970 911E (Sold)
                  '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
                  2 x Split Screen Kombis
                  TYP 901 Register # 78
                  Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
                    I'm considering selling it as I'm chasing an original for period correct asthetics and converting to a rallye "3 outlet" configuration
                    John,

Do you have any info/link on how this can be done? Have tried searching the various forums but must not be using the correct search criteria.

Thx

Comment

Hi Dirk

I ended up sourcing a three outlet rallye muffler already done. I don't really know the process for making one of them... I've read threads where guys have simply cut a standard muffler open, moved the baffles around, added some pipes, and then shut it all up. Mine appears to be purpose made in stainless, but can't see a manufacturer name.
                      John Forcier
                      Restoration Saga

Comment

John, Do you want to sell the muffler discussed earlier in this thread?

Comment

Hi Chris

I guess the muffler is for sale... How did you go with the rear lid?
                          John Forcier
                          Restoration Saga

Comment

Cam has offered me his lid which was recently damaged at mallala, it may be beyond my skillset to repair but I am hopefully picking it up this week to assess. Costs are really starting to blow out on this project and the lure of a freebie has to be followed up.
                            Last edited by 9er; 29-04-12, 08:44 PM.

Comment

No worries.
                              John Forcier
                              Restoration Saga

Comment

Working...
                              X