TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DRIVER TRAINING DAY - FINAL ARRANGEMENTS & HOUSEKEEPING!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DRIVER TRAINING DAY - FINAL ARRANGEMENTS & HOUSEKEEPING!

Please see the sticky thread in 'events and announcements' for an update and info flyer attachment for the driver training day.

Cheers,

Lisa

Entry forms etc posted under events and announcements

I have posted entry forms, supp. regs. and info sheet in the sticky post entitled "Driver Training Day is Go" in events and announcements.

Please download the forms and complete as directed.

Cheers,
    Lisa

Comment

C'mon guys we have only 11 starters so far and we need more to make it viable.

PCV are going to great lengths in conjuntion with Lisa to make this a great day lets not diasappoint with lack of numbers.
      Clyde Boyer
      TYP 901 Register Inc.
      President
      Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Just waiting for my CAMS license to come through.....
        Paul Wischer
        1969 911T
        1979 Californian Moke
        TYP 901 Register Member #77

Comment

My helmets packed and my flights are booked!

Alex W has kindly offered to give me a lift to Sunday's driver training day.

Might even sneak along to the Saturday morning run too...

Comment

I'm coming!

I sent off my CAMS licence about 3wks ago - but I haven't received anything back yet.. Does it normally take this long , or should I be following them up to see if they received it?

Marcus C
            '71 911 T 2.7
            TYP 901 Register #16
            Early 911S Register #2460
            Looking for engine # 6112862

Comment

Marcus,

I would follow it up with them. These days it shouldn't take as long.

Cheers,
              Lisa

Comment

This sounds like a great opportunity to have a great day of driving for a great price...... jump on it guys !!!!

Mr Scott.... the transporter room seems to be on the blink...

Cheers mates
                Attached Files
                Chuck Miller
                The Australian TYP 901 Register #062
                Early 911S Registry #109 - Creative Advisor/Message Board Moderator
                R Gruppe #88

Comment

I guess it is probably too late to participate but I wouldnt mind coming down for the weekend and attending if there is a spare seat with someone.
                  What weekend is it?

tonyc

Comment

ALL INFORMATION IS IN EVENTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS

Tony...

The info is over in events and announcements - like I said previously. Date is Sunday June 18.

And no it's not too late as entries open in June. Download the forms I've posted and all will be explained. You will need a CAMS licence as previously stated, but that's OK as the NSW chapter of the register is now affiliated with CAMS. Just let your State Office know when you need your licence by - I think there is even a spot on the form for this.

Everyone - I will not, cannot keep harping about entries etc...you are all "big people". I am too busy. We don't get the numbers for PCV, then the shame will be mine and the Register's...

Lisa

Comment

I know we all indicated interest a few months back, and we have to wait until 6 June to put entry forms in - but just for the record:

I have cams licence
                      I have fire extinguisher
                      I have secondary bonnet catch
                      I have acquired helmet
                      I have Caren's permission :wink:
                      I am in !!!!!!!

Lets do a check now and make sure we have the numbers!

One.

AV
                      Andrew Vidler

72T

Comment

Not happy????

It appears from enquiries that Clyde has received that there may be some dissatisfaction with the schedule of events for the driver training day. Why Clyde has received these enquiries and not me; I don not know. After all, my email address is on the info sheet.

Apparently 2 hours or so of driving for a maximum field of 25 may be a problem.

The 2 hours or so is of course on top of the hour or so allowed for driver familiarisation (with a trainer if required). That's 3 hours or so for a maximum field of 25...not bad for $100.

This is of course on top of each car being properly scrutineered and the entrants learning from the scrutineers what is required for scrut.

This is also on top of a full 2 hours' worth of theory...flags, track etiquette, threshold braking etc etc.

All times are approximates as the organisers can be flexible dependent upon the needs of the entrants.

If this isn't what you are all looking for in driver training, which is what Mike and I were touting from word go when floating this idea months ago, then I'd best inform PCV immediately that unfortunately their vast experience in organising events such as this isn't good enough.

I don't know of any car club that will let a bunch of guys loose on a circuit - any circuit - these days without appropriate driver ed. If any of you do and that's what you'd prefer then I would like to step aside and let you organise the event.

Lisa

Comment

With all due respects Lisa I had two enquries of similair vein in regard to the format for the day and the time in cars vs theory, scrutineering etc.

Thats why I sent you a PRIVATE EMAIL asking about the format as when I read the information I wasn't 100% sure myself and I wanted to respond to them accurately and then they could make up their minds if the event was for them or not.

Nothing more nothing less.
                          Clyde Boyer
                          TYP 901 Register Inc.
                          President
                          Early S Register Member #294

Comment

And I responded PRIVATELY and also here to ensure that everyone has the information required. Maybe it will alleviate questions to you which should by rights be coming to me.

And I repeat: my email address is on the info sheet attached in events and announcements....

Comment

Clyde and Lisa

Well done on the oganization side of things.

Sounds llike a great day.

I'm in (barring the unexpected) Like A.V. all boxes are ticked!

Andrew

Comment

Working...
                              X