Headlight 1-305-614-012?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Headlight 1-305-614-012?

Can anybody tell me what headlights I have on my car?

I was expecting H1s (which I believe are part number 1-305-614-010).

What I have is part no 1-305-614-012. I have searched Pelican Parts, Early 911s and Googled extensively - nothing - not one single match!

Do they have a H4 in the middle??
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Pics?

Someone may have used a LHD lens or something else?
      John Forcier
      1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
      1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
      Restoration Saga
      1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

They are H1's original clear tops with H1 bulb and extra reflector ASAIK
        Last edited by SIR70t; 27-07-11, 04:40 PM.

Comment

I doubt H1's were standard on your car, they are a higher spec option as they have the extra internal reflector and run 2 x H1 halogen globes as compared to the dual filament H4 globe which sits inside a single reflector as per most halogen headlights of the era.

What made you think they should have H1's ? You will find these hard to get in good condition, I dont think they make them any more but new H4 complete assemblies are available. its like trying to find new glass RHD lenses with the clear glass top section - NLA. get used to seeing those 3 letters often when searching for particular bits for these old cars. Sorry for the bad news - but at least you will get the knowledge from this forum about what is available and where to get it.

Shane, just read your post and if they are original H1's with the clear glass top on the lenses, then these are indeed a great & rare option.

Dirk, what are you trying to achieve with the headlights ? replace some part or clean them up ?
          Last edited by e72phil; 27-07-11, 04:46 PM.
          sigpicPhil Lack
          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
          Early 911-S Registry # 690
          R-Gruppe # 367
          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
            Do they have a H4 in the middle??
            Nope...
            Attached Files

Comment

Is that water ?

Are they possibly vw lenses ?

Comment

Originally posted by SIR70t View Post
                They are H1's original clear tops with H1 bulb and extra reflector ASAIK
                Thanks Shane

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
                  I doubt H1's were standard on your car, they are a higher spec option as they have the extra internal reflector and run 2 x H1 halogen globes as compared to the dual filament H4 globe which sits inside a single reflector as per most halogen headlights of the era.

What made you think they should have H1's ? You will find these hard to get in good condition, I dont think they make them any more but new H4 complete assemblies are available. its like trying to find new glass RHD lenses with the clear glass top section - NLA. get used to seeing those 3 letters often when searching for particular bits for these old cars. Sorry for the bad news - but at least you will get the knowledge from this forum about what is available and where to get it.

Shane, just read your post and if they are original H1's with the clear glass top on the lenses, then these are indeed a great & rare option.

Dirk, what are you trying to achieve with the headlights ? replace some part or clean them up ?
                  Phil,

The driver side light seems to be pointing a little high so i wanted to try and determine exactly what model they were before I started to research how they can be adjusted.

Any idea for a resource that can confirm the part number?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew B View Post
                    Is that water ?
                    Just an odd reflection (thankfully)!

Comment

Originally posted by DJ911 View Post
                      Phil,

The driver side light seems to be pointing a little high so i wanted to try and determine exactly what model they were before I started to research how they can be adjusted.

Thanks

they have two screw points from memory (top reflector and bottom - mian reflector) , look in the owners manual i think there is an explanation there Dirk

Comment

?

Originally posted by DJ911 View Post
                        Phil,

Thanks

they have two screw points from memory (top reflector and bottom - mian reflector) , look in the owners manual i think there is an explanation there Dirk

Comment

Thanks again Shane - BTW still have a stupid grin that won't disappear

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post

Phil, I was of the opinion that all Aussie delivered LWB 911 of that era came with H1s... My reasoning is that I've never seen an alternative option on an AU delivered car We didn't get sugar scoops did we? I have kept my original H1s for prosperity (or until they can be restored properly), but can't recall if the lenses have the clear tops.

FWIW, the switch to my H4s was one of the best changes I made. I don't know what H1s were like new, but the H4s deliver a superbly bright beam. My resto will include upgraded 70/120w bulbs and relays.
                            John Forcier
                            1969 2.7RS spec 911B(astard)
                            1968 2.0S spec 911 Race Car
                            Restoration Saga
                            1962 CB77 P3 TT Race Bike (looking for another engine)

Comment

Originally posted by Fishcop View Post
                              Phil, I was of the opinion that all Aussie delivered LWB 911 of that era came with H1s... My reasoning is that I've never seen an alternative option on an AU delivered car We didn't get sugar scoops did we? I have kept my original H1s for prosperity (or until they can be restored properly), but can't recall if the lenses have the clear tops.

FWIW, the switch to my H4s was one of the best changes I made. I don't know what H1s were like new, but the H4s deliver a superbly bright beam. My resto will include upgraded 70/120w bulbs and relays.
                              John,

Don't suppose you can check/confirm the part number on your H1 lenses?

I have read the H4 upgrade is worthwhile. The existing lights are somewhat less powerful than what I am used to (Xenons on the SAAB 9-3). Did you source the parts from Pelican?

Cheers,

Dirk

Comment

Working...
                              X