AOMC European Car Show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AOMC European Car Show

The Euro Car Show is in a couple of weeks at Flemington Racecourse...is Viron still organising this as a Register event? I haven't heard anything...just wondering.

Cheers,
    Lisa

Lisa,

I have rung Viron a couple of times yeterday and today and had no reply so I have given up and I will contact AOMC myself tomorrow to see what if anything he had arranged.

I am sure he has booked a spot for our cars, not sure how many he promised but after last Frioday my targa is so clean you couyld eat off it so it will be there, but it would be nice to give the members some notice and futher infoso we ahve a chance of a decent club display which was the idea after all wasn't it.

Watch this space!
    Clyde Boyer
    TYP 901 Register Inc.
    President
    Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Clyde

To advise that I'll be there with KYJ 911 - irrespective of whether or not TYP901 is represented as a club.
      If the club is going - do you still have the easels that we used at PI Historics ?- obviously my details will be the same.

At last year's event (or was it the year before) KYJ 911 was the only early 911 there, so it would be good to have decent roll-up of members cars - similar to what we had at the 356 Parade.

And for anyone who hasn't been to Flemington Racecourse lately, the re-development, although not completed, is spectacular. I'm currently involved in some of the survey aspects of the land dealings between the VRC and the State. I can't disclose anything more without having to eliminate you all!!

Let's make this a nice relaxing day for the Club, and show all attending that 901's are really the best cars that Europe and Britain can produce.
      Julie and I will be bringing a picnic lunch, but probably won't have room for a picnic table or plates, so Clyde, is it OK if we use the Targa to eat off........you made the suggestion!!

It'd be nice to see your blue 67S along JD!!
      Peter Williams #049
      Secretary TYP901
      1971 2.2T light ivory (36407-H)

Comment

Well thats makes 2 so far. Yes Peter I will bring the tartan luggage supplied with the car its NOS is the food!

Apparently its a great concourse event anyway well worth the visit.

I will post more details soon as I get them hopefully tomorrow night.
        Clyde Boyer
        TYP 901 Register Inc.
        President

Comment

Clyde,

Hopefully this helps - speak to Iain Ross. See http://www.aomc.asn.au/B&Eshow06.htm for details. I hope Viron did reserve a place for the Register as it could be mighty hard at this late stage given the popularity of this event among car clubs and enthusiasts.

If we manage to get there we'll stop by to check out the Register display. After the drama leading up to the Phillip Island Historics display the 'Gregory Abarth' is retired from TYP901...nuf said.

Members please check the link I have posted above. This will be a great day, with kids' activities etc in lovely surroundings. Nice day out with the family close to home...

Cheers,

Lisa

Comment

For those that haven't been, it's a fabulous event. Lots of cars and it's a great venue, heaps of space. The Mercedes-Benz club of Victoria use that day for their annual concour which is always worth a look.

Unfortuantely I can't make it as I'll be interstate that weekend, bummer.

Comment

See events and announcements and check your emails for information re this scheduled club display
              Clyde Boyer
              TYP 901 Register Inc.
              President

Comment

OK we have 6 cars so far any more takers...we have room for 10 cars folks
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President

Comment

Well the show was today and what an awful day it was weather wise. Supposed to be a few showers and 16 degrees more like one continual shower and quite a bit colder.

It really did ruin the day for the AOMC but I was surprised at the number of cars that did turn out in general and we had 5 of 8 cars make it in the end which was a commendable performance.

There were 170/180 mercs lots of Triumphs, MG's, Daimlers, BMW,Peugot etc etc. Lots of cars to look at pity about the rain though as all cars look the same when wet and you can't determine the quality of the paintwork all that well.

Thanks to Ross, Peter, Phil, and Stewart who along with yours truly braved the elements for the day. Dave Belford and new member Carig Bryant also made an appearance during the day. It was good to see Stewarts latest car another early 65 2 litre.

I had spent 6 - 8 hours preparing the Targa but all to no avail as 5 minutes after I left this morning it started pouring. I did discover my car doesn't leak in the rain unless its standing still...quite strange indeed.

I have included a pic of Peter Williams on the way home in his very nice 2.2T
                  Attached Files
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President

Comment

Yes it was a wet old day but the bravery award MUST go to Clyde for bringing out the Targa in such atrocious weather.

Thats real dedication to the TYP901 cause. What a pity that we didnt get as many of the public able to enjoy all the cars that came out (not mearly ours.)

Well the next club event is indoors (dinner May 20th) so lets see a few members come and join us, hopefully some of the new guys ?
                    sigpicPhil Lack
                    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
                    Early 911-S Registry # 690
                    R-Gruppe # 367
                    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
                    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
                    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
                    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

That PIKER Webster was particularly conspicuous by his absence!!
                      Peter Williams #049
                      Secretary TYP901

Comment

Now now!!!

I am not a PIKER - I never even had a chance to PIKE!

I was playing for the Peninsula pennant side playing at Heidelberg.

This time of year is pennant season (golf) and therefore, everything else on a Sunday gets given the boot - even cars!!! SORRY!!! Clyde will give me some (not a lot!) relief on this matter, as he knows as well as anyone, that pennant takes up a lot of time and effort

Dad did make an appearance but did not end up taking the Orange 2.4 E for fear that some young girl in a red Barina (or alike) on P plates, would slam into him on the trip there! (apologies to all those young girls with P plates on the register!!)

Hats off to Clyde, great effort bringing the Targa.

Wish I could have been there.... we are almost due for another run soon aren't we?

Was going through some of the posts from the early S register and found a car that looks like mine will - or at least I hope so!!! Won't have the holes in the front or the rubber bonnet straps, but otherwise pretty similar. Just acquired a Prototipo today to fit to it!

With any luck it may be ready for the Driver Training Day - see how we go :roll:
                        Attached Files
                        Alex Webster
                        A few Porsches in the shed

Comment

My humblest apologies Alex.
                          Sounds like a 'TYP901' golf day may be the go in the near future as it appears that we have few golfers in the group. I'll leave it to you to organise!! OK?
                          Anywhere on the Peninsula is OK - say Portsea or the Dunes - could combine it with a drive through the Red Hill/Arthurs Seat area.
                          Maybe in the Spring.
                          Appears that I've almost got it organised for you already - I'll leave the details for you - the simple bit.
                          Peter Williams #049
                          Secretary TYP901

Comment

Golf and Porsches now all I need is money and I am in heaven!
                            Clyde Boyer
                            TYP 901 Register Inc.
                            President

Comment

Clyde

We are in the grip of long term drought up here.

Perhaps you could drive the Targa up for a couple of days, seeing as it is obviously becoming a precipitation magnet.

tonyc

Comment

Working...
                              X