NSW 901'ers Southern Highlands Drive

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NSW 901'ers Southern Highlands Drive

A last reminder for this drive tomorrow. Weather is forecasted to be ideal.

Contact me on 0414 961 027 or 02 9890 9815.

Response has been luke warm but we will press on regardless...

Book now... we won't be able to cater fro people who just choose to rock up!

Justin R
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

Jeez Justin, I keep a pretty regular eye on this Board and didnt see this until just now. Did you post it in the General Info section a week ago or just now? I dont watch the Events/Announcements section that closely, and suggest that if people want good participation in their events/drives/whatever, it is worth posting in the General and Tech Forum as well.

I would have LOVED to have participated in this drive, but its 9:15pm on the evening before and I have family plans for the day. It therefore seems to me that the dissemination of information here in NSW is pretty bloody ordinary.

Is that cryptic post of Dennis's to Shane a few days ago actually about this drive?... the one that Clyde quite aptly referred to as a clandestine operation??

And BTW, I attempted to contact you and Dennis two weeks ago re a contribution from you guys re your activities for the next Typ901 newsletter and didnt get a response. Like is there a separate network operating here or what?

best regards

tonyc

Comment

It was posted in the events section over a week ago....and a separate email to people possible not on the board.

Can I suggest using the view all posts since last visit option every time you log in?

Perhaps you should look in events and announcements.... that's what the section is there for.

I've posted this because Dennis's PC crashed a fortnight ago... so he is off the air.

The cryptic exchange between Dennis and Shane has something to do with that I think.

There is no separate network.... I try to disseminate info as best I can. It can't be helped if people don't see it or check the events part of the website.

Will supplement future posts with a note in the General Section earlier.

Where would you to see the pics of the event?

Justin R
      Justin Reed
      aka Reedminor
      1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
      1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
      1961 356B #114700
      Instagram: reedminor

Comment

Justin,

Always post pics of events in the general forum. If you post in the events section, only people who are logged in can see them as all attachments are available for viewing in that section only for registered members. Don't worry, even I made that mistake and given that I had many a lesson from J.D. I should have known better :wink: .

I would love to see some pics, so post em up!

Cheers,
        Lisa

Comment

Hi Guys,

Tony C, I think Justin did the correct thing posting his announcement in the Events section of the Forum. That's where members should also look for upcoming events.

Subsequent photos of the events should then be posted in the General area for all to see.

Perhaps its a good idea to post a small note in General section referring members to the more detailed posting on the events section when setting up a drive or other event.

I always check across all sections and its easy to see if there is something new by checking the last post date and who posted it.

Anyway, I hope it was a good drive and look forward to any pics of the day.
          sigpicPhil Lack
          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
          Early 911-S Registry # 690
          R-Gruppe # 367
          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

No I agree with Tony. I don't log in often and usually just for a quick browse so I totally missed it. Sad thing is the family is away and today I was free and would have loved to come. Better luck next time.

Shanet

Comment

Well I did see it and got an email but a last minute sunday setback meant I couldnt attend.

It would be great if the NSW team could get ourselves better organised I think the Vics do a much better job.

Now the weather is cooler lets make a real effort to at least get and early morning run in once a month.

I for one would appreciate the company.

Andrew

Comment

ps i saw you the other day on Mowbray Road, i flashed but then realised i wasn't in my matching Tangerine, but my wife's Saab, so you wouldn't have had a clue !! Sorry !!

Comment

Chaps,

At looooong last I am back in computerland as at 11:00 last night after a month of NO 901 web input !
                  Tony - I try to publicise these drive days by running notices in both sections of this board in the two weeks or so leading up to the event.
                  Justin for his part has a separate e-mail listing relating to mainly non 901 Register owners.Together we can usually get a good number of starters on the day.
                  However,due to my #%*+@ computer lunching itself on a major spam virus,I was unable to give proper circulation to the outing.
                  I have spoken sharply to this said computer and the lack of communication will not occur again !
                  My correspondence with Shane was to get him to call me re an offer he made for my suspension parts as I didnt have his phone number/s.

Cheers,
                  Dennis.

PS - The next drive day should be the last Sunday in June - venue to be decided - whether I have a car or not !.

Comment

thanks Dennis -

I got that your computer threw in the towel - but the car...whats wrong with it? I saw you in it last weekend in Neutral Bay so whatever has happened must be recent. BTW it looked great - you know that sensation when you glance absentmindedly behind and...yes!!!... the unmistakeable front on view of a diminutive early 901 graces the rear view mirror (I never fail to be amazed at how compact these cars are in context with todays average sheet metal behemoths). I was in the Audi otherwise would have beeped.

Anyway if you are 901-less maybe you would think about driving one of mine for the run - they both need it!

Last weekend in June is in the diary. Cant make it in July -school holidays and not around.

tonyc

Comment

Working...
                    X