Pictures of Southern Highlands Run April 23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pictures of Southern Highlands Run April 23

Attached a handful of snaps from the run to Robertson.

Dennis Brooks organised another nice run - myself, Dennis, Phil Mas, Ross Moyle and daughter Sophie enjoyed the drive and lunch. I had to retire after lunch to get back to Sydney... but as I left Dennis, Phil and Ross were about to potter around Robertson.

Bit perplexed by some of the comments and the response.... DB's PC melted down around the time we decide to organise this so I posted something in the Events and Happenings section a week ago, and supplemented it with an email to non typ901 people 14 days ago. In desperation on Saturday I posted something in the general section. Maybe it was bad timing (school hols, easter, anzac day etc) but the response was underwhelming.

Whatever the case.. we need to refine our communication in NSW, and existing members should learn to look beyond the General Info section. We're all busy...I know... but really.

So off my soapbox now... concentrate on the positive and not the negative...next run will be to Berrima over Razorback Mountain in July sometime...

Anyone care to nominate a date?

Justin R
    Attached Files
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

sorry Justin, I was venting my frustration at missing a drive on a clear day, both weather and commitment-wise.

fair enough...thats what the events and announcement section is for.

I think emails to supplement posts are a great idea - not everyone regularly checks the Board so if maximised participation is the objective we need to establish a NSW group mailing list, including non Typ901 Register owners who would be interested. That is probably not as easy as it sounds, but it should be a good way of introducing non-members to the group and upping attendance. I am happy to start this with the NSW members, and others cen send me email addresses of folks they know who might be interested.

As for next drive, I am in so long as it isnt the school holidays - around middle of month. Later in July would be better for me.

tonyc

Comment

Working...
    X