Fuel for MFI engines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks Lisa for the considered reply.

I take it that means PULP for MFI engines. I asked Tim at Autohaus today when I dropped the S in for a rego check. He concurred.

What do you think about Caltex fuels, seeing as you can get 4cpl off the bowser price with a Woolies docket? They have 95 and 98 RON fuels - I assume the 95 is good enough?

BTW did everyone hear about Grant Geelans and Bill Pyes appalling luck on the last day of Targa Tas? Time lost with ignition coil problem dropped them from 1st to 3rd.

tonyc

Comment

Hi Tony,

I did read about Grant's and Bill's lousy luck...you can try like hell to cross all the "T"s and dot all the "I"s, but you have to have some luck too.

Our "local" is a Caltex, so Mike uses Vortex regularly in the 77S (and yes with the Woolies dockets!). We try to tune most cars on BP Ultimate for consistency but if we have a car come in that is very low on fuel it gets Vortex as the station is around the corner. The Abarth is run almost always on Ultimate but as it doesn't get driven all that often I don't worry too much about the cost - just how crisp it is :wink: .

Personally I don't think there is much difference between Caltex's 95 and 98 RON fuels. I would suggest to try the 95 for a couple of tanks and see if there is any noticeable drop in performance or fuel economy. I do however find a difference between BP and Caltex 98, less so Mobil and Caltex 98 but it's still noticeable.

Lisa

Comment

BTW Clyde - you should be using good quality PULP in the Targa at least (I would be using it in the RS too if it was me). Think about it - you should know why...

Lisa - I am curious to know why you think Clyde should use PULP in the Targa more so than the RS. Doesnt the RS have higher compression?

tonyc

Comment

Lisa and all

My thanks as well for your reply.

I've been hunting for products up here in Darwin, not much other than flashlube so far which would not seem to be the good stuff but I'm still looking.

What are you other interstaters using??

Lisa do you ship to Darwin?

Cheers
          Cam Arnott
          Looking for engine #6208151
          1970 911E (Sold)
          '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
          2 x Split Screen Kombis
          TYP 901 Register # 78
          Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Tony,

Clyde's 2.4S has a wee bit more compression...I'm sure Clyde will fill you in :wink: . Nothing drastic I can assure you.

Cameron,

The Venom is not a lead replacement; the Petrol Max brew is. I know that this is not available interstate as Ken who makes both products cannot keep up with Vic. orders. The Venom is made exclusively for us. It's our formula that we worked on with Ken. Hence the name: "Spyder Venom".

I'll have to think about how to get this stuff to Darwin. Neither product is flammable or toxic, but Australia Post are a little sceptical about fuel additives going through their system. Mention "fuel" and they think "combustion".

In the meantime, have you tried to locate some Valvemaster up there? Surely someone has it, like a speed shop if not the service stations themselves. Like I said earlier it's not great but it's a better product than flashlube.

Lisa

Comment

Lisa

How about Busfreight? They probably wont even ask you what you are sending...! Just whack it in a cardboard box.

McCaffertys Greyhound I think they are called, I guess they would go via Adelaide then Darwin...

Let me know your thoughts, if you are keen and have the time, pm me and we can work out the details.
              Cam Arnott
              Looking for engine #6208151
              1970 911E (Sold)
              '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
              2 x Split Screen Kombis
              TYP 901 Register # 78
              Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

In another guise I shipped sports videos all over Australia with Greyhound, they were cheap and never lost one thing.
                Clyde Boyer
                TYP 901 Register Inc.
                President
                Early S Register Member #294

Comment

Cameron and Clyde,

I just checked out Greyhound's website and thanks to you both will be giving them a call in the morning to talk about freight. They look like just the sort of company I need to fill a freight void we have. Thanks again!

So Cameron, I'll send you an email once I've spoken to Greyhound. I might even try a "guineapig" box to NSW tomorrow with them (to replace the one that went AWOL :evil: ).

Lisa

Comment

Working...
                  X