Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Targa Tasmania`

Has anyone been following this?

Ryan's not running, bit Nick's Dad is running, as are several Carrera 3.0 litres. Bill Pye and Grant Geelan are doing tremendously well last time I looked...

And some small bumper club type cars.... RSR 2.8 replicas and so on.

Wasn't there some talk of going to tassie one day on one of the organised tours which go over some of the Targa roads?

Justin R
    Justin Reed
    aka Reedminor
    1968 911L #11810329 (SOLD)
    1977 911 Carrera 3.0 #911760765
    1961 356B #114700
    Instagram: reedminor

hey justin

its killing me not being down there - i check the results online about every hour... doing some nice upgrades to my car in its downtime though.

a few 901 cars are running - greg cook has a lovely gulf coloured RS replica which was in the top five after leg 3. there's also a really nice grey 65 which runs most years.

lots of 74 carrera's running.

bill's new car is bascially a RSR spec car with a narrow body for better aero. i think its a 3.3 or 3.4

sadly, a mini left the road and hit some spectators in hobart.

Comment

Win no. 8 for jim richards - but awful luck for bill and grant:

"It was an incredible case of bad luck for New South Welshman Bill Pye and navigator Grant Geelan who have lucked out for the second year in a row on the event’s final stages. The engine in the pair’s 1976 model Porsche Carrera broke a coil, dropping the pair from podium contention.

As a matter of course, the 2006 Shannons Classic crown went to second in-line, Ian Morris of Victoria and his navigator Alex Molocznyk in their 1981 Alfa Romeo GTV. The pair has gone two better this year, after finishing third last year. "

Comment

Working...
      X