New Recaro Sports seats replicas announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Recaro Sports seats replicas announced

Well I told you I had some interesting news from the Essen Classic car Show !

BF Torino have announced production of a new seat very similar in design to the original recaro Sports seats that everyone lusts after.

I have already ordered about 6 pairs and hope to have these arrive in Australia in about 6-8 weeks time.

I have posted some pics below and am hopeful I will get a single sample air freighted out a bit sooner.

These seats will be available in the same materials as the other BF Torino seats we have including the standard Leatherette/basketweave and Leatherette/Cord - all in black only initially.

We can also get them in full leather, perforated leather (sides and insert) and am hopeful we have secured a batch of Houndstooth material very close, if not identical to the original.

Prices on the std. seats will be around A$1300 ea. incl GST with the same $210 per mounting kit as for other seats.(for early 911's anyway). prices for leather and Houndstooth are available on request.

The good news is these seats dont need the heavy (and expensive) subframe of the old Recaros and the tilt mechanism is built in allowing good rear seat access for the kids. They are overall, a lot lighter than Recaros so there is a considerable weight saving, even over the std. early 911 bucket seats.

I also have access to another new seat, being a fibreglass shell similar to teh race seats used by Porsche in the RS, RSR and ST. The shell on these seats is quite narrow and we are working on widening it to suit more drivers. But its a very authentic looking seat at a fraction of the price you would pay for an original one, if you could find one. More on this seat later.

Our website has not yet been updated with this info and this should be done once I return from the R Gruppe meeting in the USA.

I look forward to hearing your comments on these seats.
    Attached Files
    Phil Lack
    GTS Classics - proud TYP901 Forum SPONSORS
    PH: 03 9460 4000 FAX: 03 9460 4011
    Exclusive Distributors :
    'BF Torino' Seats, 'Rennshifter' sports shift, Spektr lightweight polycarb glass replacement, Autos International interiors.
    WEB: www.gtsclassics.com.au

more pics of the new seat
    Attached Files
    Phil Lack
    Exclusive Distributors :
    'BF Torino' Seats, 'Rennshifter' sports shift, Spektr lightweight polycarb glass replacement, Autos International interiors.

Comment

Some pics of what we are callling the "ST" seat with the fibreglass shell.
      Attached Files
      Phil Lack
      Exclusive Distributors :

Comment

Working...
      X