RS Heaven at Phil Hearns workshop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RS Heaven at Phil Hearns workshop

Dropped by Phil Hearns workshop tonight to view some very special cars he has in for complete restos.

The first RHD 73 RS in Australia (#335) and the last 73 RS (#1560) both recently purchased by 2 of Phil's customers PLUS one guy also bought a 964 RS 3.8 - one of only 2 RHD RS's ever built. RS335 came from the Bowden collection. RS1560 is a genuine one owner car now to its second owner.

I asked Phil if we can have a club tech event there one day soon whilst the cars are in the throws of being stripped down and rebuilt.

Both owners want their cars dont RIGHT and seemingly no expense will be spared. I suggested to Phil Clyde should be engaged as the RS consultant given his encylopedic knowledge of these cars.
    Attached Files
    sigpicPhil Lack
    TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
    Early 911-S Registry # 690
    R-Gruppe # 367
    '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
    '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
    2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
    1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Phil

Was his '71S there as well!?
    Cam Arnott
    Looking for engine #6208151
    1970 911E (Sold)
    '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
    2 x Split Screen Kombis
    TYP 901 Register # 78
    Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

Cam, yes thats the nose of the 71S on the left in the first pic
      sigpicPhil Lack
      R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Interesting that one of those ID plates is an AG and the other is a KG.

Comment

No wonder why my car is still not finished after two weeks . Worse, i don't even see it anywhere in the pictures....
          1973 911T Coupe
          1976 911S Coupe - 2.8RSR to be

"Just don't lift mid-turn."

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
            Cam, yes thats the nose of the 71S on the left in the first pic
            Ahh yep thanks I keep thinking its silver for some reason
            Cam Arnott
            Looking for engine #6208151
            1970 911E (Sold)
            '71 911 S/T Replica 2.3 (Sold)
            2 x Split Screen Kombis
            TYP 901 Register # 78
            Early S Registry # 1076

Comment

It seems that the change to AG from KG occurred somewhere between the numbers 700 and 900.
              KG means Kommanditgesellschaft, which is a limited partnership.
              During 1972/73 Porsche KG became Porsche AG. AG means Aktiengesellschaft, which is a corporate, shareholder type, business entity.

Comment

Originally posted by patrick911 View Post
                No wonder why my car is still not finished after two weeks . Worse, i don't even see it anywhere in the pictures....
                Alot of patience Patrick... you may have to wait a while.

Wow, that's quite the stable Phil Hearn has going at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by patrick911 View Post
                  If its not finished next week take it somewhere else Phil might be busy
                  Clyde Boyer
                  TYP 901 Register Inc.
                  President
                  Early S Register Member #294

Comment

I see a powder blue 72E Targa belonging to ex Pres in that pic also
                    Clyde Boyer
                    TYP 901 Register Inc.
                    President

Comment

Originally posted by e72phil View Post
                      Dropped by Phil Hearns workshop tonight to view some very special cars he has in for complete restos.

The first RHD 73 RS in Australia (#335) and the last 73 RS (#1560) both recently purchased by 2 of Phil's customers PLUS one guy also bought a 964 RS 3.8 - one of only 2 RHD RS's ever built. RS335 came from the Bowden collection. RS1560 is a genuine one owner car now to its second owner.

I asked Phil if we can have a club tech event there one day soon whilst the cars are in the throws of being stripped down and rebuilt.

Both owners want their cars dont RIGHT and seemingly no expense will be spared. I suggested to Phil Clyde should be engaged as the RS consultant given his encylopedic knowledge of these cars.
                      Be good to get Ian Henderson and Trevor Skinner?? out there to have all 4 surviving aussie delivered RS cars all in one place at one time. Trevors car is also 1 owner. Lloyds car has been used as intended over the journey very big did I say very big cheque books are going to be required to return them to original glory
                      Clyde Boyer
                      TYP 901 Register Inc.
                      President

Comment

Originally posted by Terminator View Post
                        Be good to get Ian Henderson and Trevor Skinner?? out there to have all 4 surviving aussie delivered RS cars all in one place at one time. Trevors car is also 1 owner. Lloyds car has been used as intended over the journey very big did I say very big cheque books are going to be required to return them to original glory
                        that would certainly be worth seeing but you would need to see Larry McFarlane's car down here as well (he still owns it doesn't he?) as on my numbers 5 out of the 6 survive.
                        Hugh Hodges
                        1973 E
                        Australian TYP 901 Register #005
                        Early 911S Register #776

Comment

Originally posted by HughH View Post
                          that would certainly be worth seeing but you would need to see Larry McFarlane's car down here as well (he still owns it doesn't he?) as on my numbers 5 out of the 6 survive.
                          There's gotta be some kinda law, or insurance policy clause, that should not allow that to happen

Comment

Patrick, your car was behind me on a hoist being worked on so hopefully done soon.

Indeed, Phil has a lot of early cars there at present but this is not that unusual for him. My 72 Targa (Gulf Blue, Clyde) is being stripped prior to getting new paint and all new window rubbers. Front and rear screens are out and dash will be redone. Car will have new seats new carpet, new trim, new targa top and fresh paint and will be up for sale when finished. Will be postng in For Sale section when finished.
                            sigpicPhil Lack
                            R-Gruppe # 367

Comment

Should go really quick Phil there is a huge untapped market in Australia for LHD Targas.
                              Clyde Boyer
                              TYP 901 Register Inc.
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X