TYP901 Banner

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jill Lack - fabulous lady, great memories....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jill Lack - fabulous lady, great memories....

I'd like help lift the hearts of Phil and the kids and their family by starting this thread...great stories and memories of Jill.

It's very hard to use the past tense when talking about Jill as she had a great zest for life; from my many conversations with Jill she seemed to value life and the love of it above all else.

I was constantly amazed by Jill's past activities...she was a "jumper"; a parachuter...in fact she "jumped" to her wedding! She completed the Oxfam 100 km walk last year with a team of mates...she drove like a demon and giggled like a little girl when she jumped out of the 911.

She was so enthusiastic about so many things...and so loving and considerate about her family. She adored them and had an extra special bond with her parents.

We shared many a laugh about all sorts of things...and quite a few drives.

I will never, ever forget one of the runs where Jill found the limits of adhesion....she was having an absolute blast and a real go and loving every minute.

She was truly a fabulous gal with a great sense of humour and I know we'll all miss her a whole bloody lot.

Lisa

It's hard to believe that some one with such a zest for life is no longer here to spread her warmth and enthusiasm around.

It was always good to hear the excitement in her voice after jumping out of the drivers seat of the blue E. She would often nudge me during some club event and say "Look, How fantastic is this? All these people together for the one thing". She really appreciated the friendships she made out of the club.

Jill will be greatly missed by us.

Comment

It may be a little odd for me to post into this because I've really only had a brief opportunity to meet Clyde a couple of weekends ago, and say a quick "nice to meet you" for the first time to Phil at Flemmington.

It strikes me that the Lak's must be pretty special however to have so many friends expressing their own sadness over this loss, sympathy for a friend in a time of need, and sharing great memories.

Phil, I'm very sorry to here of your loss, and to all of your friends, and Jills friends, may you find some peace in remembering better days.

Comment

Phil,

So very sorry for your loss. Although I did not know Jill, I did have the pleasure to spend time with you in Sonoma and enjoyed the comoraderie and common thread we share, the early Porsches. Sounds to me that Jill was a wonderful woman and will be sorely missed by all.

All our best goes out to you and your family. If there is anything we can do, please reach out. The Porsche community is tight knit and cares.

Peace,

CT

Comment

Thank you all for your words of support and kind thoughts about Jill.

I will be at the dinner Staurday night as it helps a lot to be around friends and to continue on with life.

Thanks to all the TYP901 members who came down to Geelong for the funeral service, your presence was well noted even if I didnt get a chance to speak with you all personally. Even Viron emerged from hiding to attend.

Life will go on. It wont be nearly as much fun as it would if Jill was there to be a part of it, but it will go on. But it will take time to heal the pain.

Thanks again to everybody who has called, emailed written and sent flowers. I am glad I have the friends I do within the early Porsche community, both here and around the world.
          sigpicPhil Lack
          TYP901 Register Inc. # 002 (Founding President)
          Early 911-S Registry # 690
          R-Gruppe # 367
          '72 911E 2.4 Coupe (SOLD)
          '15 MB CLA 250 Sport Shooting Brake - daily
          2012 BMW 1M Coupe 6-spd (for sale)
          1974 FIAT 124 Sport coupe

Comment

Working...
          X